Can You Keep A Promise?

Start from the beginning

"But now there's nowhere to hide

Since you pushed my love aside

I'm out of my head

Hopelessly devoted to you

Hopelessly devoted to you"

Keith pulled into the driveway of his mother's house and pulled his car keys out of the ignition and got out of his car, opening the back door and grabbing his bag.

"My head is saying, "Fool, forget him"

My heart is saying, "Don't let go

Hold on till the end"

And that's what I intend to do

I'm hopelessly devoted to you"

Keith stared at the text message from James with a sigh. His mind was screaming to let go of Lance. The relationship was over, that was the end of it. However, his heart was screaming to hold on to the love.

"But now there's nowhere to hide

Since you pushed my love aside

I'm out of my head

Hopelessly devoted to you

Hopelessly devoted to you"

Keith entered the house and shut the door behind him, hanging his coat up and slipping his boots off. He unlocked his phone and started a reply to James with a sigh.

Yeah. Let's do it.

~

A month later, Shiro and Adam had come down for a two week visit. Krolia had been at work when the couple arrived. Kolivan was off work for the week and had been working on lunch when they got to the house. Keith had been lying on the couch watching Supernatural when he felt someone sit down beside his feet.

He turned to see it was Shiro who had sat beside him, Adam sitting on the loveseat. Both had smiles on their face seeing Keith.

"What? No hug for your brother?" Shiro teased with a smile. Keith rolled his eyes and slowly sat up, then proceeded to give him a hug, both men careful of Keith's growing stomach.

"When did you guys get here?" Keith asked pulling away from Shiro and stuffing a pillow behind his back.

"A few minutes ago," Adam answered with a smile. "Kolivan let us in."

"Supernatural? Really?" Shiro asked as he noticed the show Keith had been watching.

"Hey, don't insult Sam and Dean Winchester," Keith teased with a playful glare. Shiro rolled his eyes and stood up to go and help Kolivan with lunch. Adam climbed onto the couch and sat down beside Keith.

"So, how has pregnancy been treating you?" Adam asked as they waited for lunch to be ready.

"Well I'm not waking up at the crack of dawn with morning sickness anymore," Keith said with a sigh of relief. "That was awful."

"I can imagine, doesn't sound too fun."

A few minutes later, Shiro and Kolivan walked in with trays of food. Three were simple, grilled cheeses and vegetable soup. However, Keith's was a bowl of vegetable and pork dumplings and a plate of scrambled eggs. The dumplings were ones that Krolia had frozen one night when she made them for dinner. It had been one of Keith's cravings, something that he craved and reminded him of his childhood.