Chapter 25 - Sharon

I put on an all black suit, walking beside Zemo and rolling my eyes as Sam starts complaining. "We have to fix this. I'm the only one who looks like a pimp."

"Only an American would assume a fashion-forward Black man looks like a pimp. You look exactly like the man you're supposed to be playing. The sophisticated, charming African rake named Conrad Mack, aka the Smiling Tiger." Zemo shows us a picture.

"He even has a bad nickname. Hell, he does look like me, though."

"You smell this?" Zemo asks.

Sma nods. "Yeah, what is that? Acid?"

"No matter what happens, we have to stay in character. Our lives depend on it. There's no margin for error. High Town's that way. Not a bad place if you wanna visit, but Low Town's the other way."

"Let me guess. We don't have any friends in High Town." Sam sighs.

After a short right we stop at our destination, many people turn and look at Bucky and I. "Here we are." Zemo looks at Bucky and I. "Готовы подчиниться .... Зимние солдаты?" (Ready to comply....Winter Soldiers?)

"Are they the Winter Sodliers?" A man whispers beside us as we walk up to the bartender.

"Hello, gentlemen...and lady.....Wasn't expecting you, Smiling Tiger." The bartender nods.

"His plans changed. We have business to do with Selby." Zemo says.

"The usual?"

Sam nods and we watch as the bartender takes out a snake and cuts it open. "Ah. Smiling Tiger, your favorite." Zemo smiles.

Sam tries not to gag as the bartender hands him and Zemo a shot. "I love these."

"Cheers, Conrad." They clink their glasses.

Sam struggles to take the shot, "Mmm. Mmm."

A man then steps up behind Zemo, "I got word from on high. You ain't welcome here."

"I have no business with the Power Broker, but if he insists, he can either come and talk to me..." Zemo points to Bucky and I. 

"New haircuts?"

"Or bring Selby for a chat." Zemo nods.

I roll my eyes as the man walks off, "A power broker? Really?" I ask.

"Every kingdom needs its king. Let's just pray we stay under his radar."

"Do you know him?" Sam asks.

"Only by reputation. In Madripoor he is judge, jury, and executioner." Zemo turns as another man approaches. "Зимние солдаты .... Атака." (Winter Soldiers. Attack.)

I instantly grab the man's hand as he touches Zemo, pushing him back and twisting his arm. Bucky follows me and stops a man from grabbing me.

I yank the man up and slam him into the wall, spinning around and kicking another man down. I step onto his chest, jumping  up and landing on a large man's shoulders. I yell out as I swing back and yank him onto the floor with me, locking my legs around his neck. I lean down and punch his chest with my metal arm, doing a backwards summersault and kicking the back of a woman's knee. I spin and punch her face, jumping up and taking off a black chain on the wall.

I spin it and smack the last man's face, leaping onto his back and pulling the chain around his neck. I flip back behind the bar and slam him onto the table, pulling the chain to choke him as everyone in the room points their guns at us.