Star Breathing: First Constellation: Dash of the Ram

Kaigaku felt his blood turn to ice, an intense feeling of death looming just around his shadows. He moved on instincts, the sound of clashing swords echoed through the silent street like a warning knell of death. A warning for who, he did not know.

He reacted a second too late. Blood gushed out of the diagonal cut across his chest, staining the streets a disgusting red. How? Was all he thought as his demonic abilities regenerated his diced-up lungs and skin. It only took him one glance to know who he was dealing with.

Inori splattered the blood off her swords, narrowing her eyes at the demon in front of her. She held her two swords so tightly that her knuckles ached and turned white. Her teeth were ground against each other until they rattled. Her glare intensified even more when Kaigaku decided to laugh.

"Well, well, look who decided to—"

Star Breathing: First Constellation: Dash of the Ram

Kaigaku protected his neck on instinct, narrowly managing to avoid Inori's swift attack. He jumped back a fair distance away from her, veins popping all over his neck as he felt yet another wave of excruciating pain coming from his sliced-up torso.

"At least let me talk, you—"

Star Breathing: Second Constellation: Gallop of the Bull

Thunder Breathing: Third Form: Thunder Swarm

Star Breathing: Seventh Constellation: Judgement of the Scales

How? How? How? Kaigaku kept repeating inside his head. How is this little girl stronger than me? Aren't the rumors about her powers all fake and created by suck-ups? He howled when Inori sliced his arm off, rendering him weaponless. She's a girl! She's smaller than me! Why is she so strong? Why aren't my slashes hitting her when hers are easily reaching me?

His arm regenerated, and he was forced to sacrifice one of his legs to retrieve his sword. And what's with her face? Kaigaku gritted his teeth as his movements grew desperate. The sight of Inori's impassive face made his blood boil even more. She looks like she's not even trying. This is unfair! Unfair! I worked hard, yet I couldn't be that strong! Yet, this little girl was blessed with everything!

Star Breathing: Ninth Constellation: Arrow of the Archer

"Gah!" Kaigaku felt his legs being severed, and he sacrificed his arm to prevent her blade from cutting his neck. It's unfair! He heard Inori click her tongue before the telltale clink of her boots told him that she was lunging toward him again. She didn't have to work for anything! Everything was given to her on a golden plate. Blinded by fury, he swung his sword hazardously

"It's unfair!"

Thunder Breathing: Fourth Form: Distant Thunder

Star Breathing: Eleventh Constellation: Tsunami of the Water Bearer

"Yeah, it's unfair." Inori deflected all his slashes, appearing in front of him with blazing fury in her eyes. "For all those people to die at the hands of someone they called a friend...it's so unfair."

Not good. Not good. I'll get cut. I'll get beheaded. I'll die. No. No. Kaigaku swung his sword, but his blade was thrown out of his grip with a single swing of Inori's sword, her other sword coming closer to his neck. I can't die. I'm about to be an upper moon demon. I can't die. Him. I have to call that person. He wants the Star Pillar captured. Surely, he'll—

Moon Breathing: First Form: Dark Moon, Evening Palace

Inori hastily jumped back, narrowly dodging the blade that was about to slice both Kaigaku and her to bits. The front of her haori and uniform were cut open, a testament to how close she was to sharing the same fate as Kaigaku, upper and lower body separated.