55 • Docile Komainu

Start from the beginning

Star Breathing: Seventh Constellation, Modified: Celestial Judgement of the Divine Scales

"You're strong!" Akaza blocked and deflected each and every one of her slashes. "This is the first time I'm seeing Star Breathing. I've never even heard of it before, so you must've created it by yourself." He hopped, twisting his body to send a kick toward her, but Inori swung her blades, slicing his leg off. "It's elegant, beautiful, and fast. I don't like to fight women, but I'll make an exception for you!" Not that he couldn't since this girl was someone the Lord wanted. "Hey, tell me your name! I want to remember it."

"Shut up." Inori dodged his fists. He's fast. So, this is an upper moon. He's totally different from the moons I've faced before. All her experience with the lower moons felt like a playground fight right now. I feel like I've been fighting infants all this time. "You're unbearably unpleasant, so shut up."

"Is that so? Am I unpleasant?" Akaza grinned, laughing maniacally. "But I like talking with strong people, so let's talk!" He kicked the ground again, lunging with his fist aimed straight at her head. "I am Akaza! I'll ask you again and again for your name! Tell me your name!" He swung his leg towards her chest.

Inori blocked the kick, but was sent flying back to Kyojuro's side. Blood rose in her throat, and she hacked out red, feeling her chest throb even though she had blocked the kick. Dawn is breaking soon, and he'll end up escaping. The sky was beginning to turn bright, after all. I can't let him escape, but I must treat Rengoku-san. I saved him from a fatal injury, but he's still heavily injured. He'll die if I don't hurry.

"Oi! Hoshipatsu Inodokon! Don't lose!" Inosuke screamed, fumbling around Kyojuro since he didn't know the first thing about first aid. The Flame Pillar himself was actually doing a better job than his two juniors, already taking the necessary medications and supplies from Inori's bag to give himself first aid. "Inosuke-sama won't forgive you if you lose!"

Star Breathing: Ninth Constellation, Modified: Dispersing Arrows of the Flaming Archer

"So, your name is Inodokon! A weird name, but whatever!" If possible, Akaza's grin grew more manic. "Don't mind the weaklings, Inodokon! Focus on me! Oh, I know! How about you become a demon?! Since you know about the Blue Spider Lily, if you become a demon, you don't have to fear anything, not the sun and not the demon slayers!"

"Don't call me that!"

Star Breathing: Thirteenth Constellation, Modified: Scattering Coils of the Elemental Serpent Bearer, Hydra

Destructive Death: Eight-Layered Demon Core

"Magnificent! Splendid!" Akaza praised as he continued punching through Inori's slashes. "Here I thought I couldn't be more impressed! The demon slayers sure are lucky to have two chosen ones like you and Kyojuro! Are all the other pillars as strong as you two? Seeing these wonderful techniques, I can't help but pity your short lives! Become a demon and live for eternity, Inodokon!"

"Who the fuck is Inodokon?"

"Become a demon and fight me for eternity! Come on, Inodokon!"

Inori gave up on getting Akaza to stop calling her by that mispronounced name, she had better things to do and promises to fulfill. She narrowed her eyes at the grinning demon. "Shut up!" What was his name again? Inori was sure she had been told. Oh, yes. It's—

"You're so fucking annoying, Hakuji."

The reaction was almost immediate. Akaza froze as the name triggered something inside of him, giving Inori the opening she needed to deliver a slash to his neck. But Akaza snapped back to reality at the last second, kicking her a distance away from him.