49 • The Moving Clockwork

Start from the beginning

·̩̩̥͙**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚☆.。.☆.。.:*☆ ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*·̩̩̥͙

"What the hell is wrong with you guys?" Sanemi pinched the bridge of his nose. "Forget about the Twelve Demon Moons, you couldn't even beat the normal demons. Just what kind of fooling around do you dumbasses call training?"

Murata was currently trembling in his seat. As one of the survivors who were in a moving condition, he was obviously summoned to the Pillar Meeting so he could report about what had transpired in Mount Natagumo. He had never wanted to bury himself more than he did now. The pillars are too scary. Someone, save me!

"This is concerning." Murata wanted to weep because even the Star Pillar agreed they were incompetent weaklings. "I can't believe that superiors like you had to rely on three Mizunoto who had just passed the Final Selection a few months ago. You couldn't even kill a single demon until they came. Even if those demons got some of the lower moon's powers, this is beyond disappointing."

"We should just flamboyantly demote them." Tengen crossed his arms across his chest. "Should we also have a flamboyant talk with the cultivators?"

"Yeah, tell them to stop sending farmed soldiers to us. We don't need deadbeats who refuse to listen to orders in our corps." Obanai pointed his finger at Murata. "I say we increase the training intensity. It seems like their idea of training is fooling around."

"Young Hoshizora, can't you do something about this?" Kyojuro asked. "The training program you created back then got a lot of positive results."

Murata wanted to object. The training program Inori created when she was substituting for Kyojuro did have positive results, but it was also hell for them to do. They had to beg Kyojuro for weeks to decrease the intensity because they couldn't handle it. If she made an even more intense training program, the lower-ranked members would be sent to the graves.

"Even if you say that, it's not like we have the time to always supervise and train everyone." Aside from their obviously high expectations and harsh training, the more minor reason why most of the pillars didn't have a tsuguko was because they simply didn't have the time. "But I can design a tsuguko-level training program, though I doubt it'll be effective if we don't really supervise them."

"Gah! We're not fucking babysitters!" Sanemi gritted his teeth, glaring at Murata as if he was the cause of all their problems. "No wonder these fuckers keep on getting killed. They don't even stick to easy training."

Give us a break already, we're not monsters like you pillars. Murata internally wept. He wanted nothing more than to leave the damned meeting and never meet another pillar ever again.

"Well, we can always start with the small things." Smiling, Shinobu clapped her hands once. "The Butterfly Estate has a lot of patients right now, so we can start with increasing the level of recovery training."

"Fine." Sanemi huffed, not calming down quite yet. "We'll announce the new training program later. Fuck off." He waved Murata off with a flick of his wrist, still looking annoyed. Murata has never fled so quickly in his life.

Thank the Gods, I don't want to meet another pillar ever again.

·̩̩̥͙**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚☆.。.☆.。.:*☆ ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*·̩̩̥͙

"And then, they were all being scary and glaring at me like I was crap drenched in puke." Murata fake weeping into his hands. "Those pillars are too scary, man! We're not monsters like them, so why can't they cut us some slack?"

Tanjiro, Zenitsu, and Inosuke stared at the despairing Murata in a mixture of pity and concern. Or at least, Tanjiro and Zenitsu were, Inosuke was still busy being depressed over the incident in Mount Natagumo.