15 • Ambitious Tendencies

Start from the beginning

What Inori needed right now were status and experience. After all, she couldn't just stay as a freeloader in the Ubuyashiki Estate forever. She couldn't sign up as a mere tsuguko either because she needed a high enough status within the corps that would allow her enough freedom and authority to do what she wanted, which was having a free schedule to exterminate demons and find out ways to defeat Muzan.

The last pillar to face an upper moon was Kocho Kanae, and she had died. If Muzan wanted her, then him sending the upper moons after her wouldn't be a far-fetched idea. Inori knew she currently didn't have the strength, skill, or experience needed to defeat an upper moon, so she needed to gain them as soon as she could.

"I want to request two months," she stated, placing a hand over her chest. "For the next two months, I will become the bait that will make a demon moon appear. Of course, I will continue to train in the meantime."

They always said that demon moons were hard to come across, so if Inori could really make a demon moon appear in just two months, that would prove just how targeted she truly was.

"This is a reckless idea."

"I am well aware." Still, Inori smiled as if she had just won something. "But by doing this, I will be showing Muzan that I am not a helpless child anymore. I will be showing him that he can send as many demons as he wants because I will stand my ground. I will be declaring war on him."

"You want to make the first move," Kagaya stated, knowing very well what the child in front of him was thinking. "If that is what you want, then I shall grant you two months."

Whether he granted her those two months or not, Kagaya was sure Inori would still hunt a demon moon. So, Kagaya would grant her the two months she needed to prepare herself for that huge change. He just hoped Inori wouldn't be another name he could only remember, but not talk with.

"However, Inori. There is something you need to know."

·̩̩̥͙**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚☆.。.☆.。.:*☆ ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*·̩̩̥͙

"Muichiro, I want to become a pillar."

Muichiro stopped mid-writing the letter for his sword, glancing up at Inori who was also writing a detailed letter about the swords she wanted. "I asked Oyakata-sama for his permission to hunt the Twelve Demon Moons for my first mission, and he already agreed to it."

"Why are you telling me this?" Muichiro asked. As far as he knew, Inori has always wanted to exterminate demons, so it wasn't a surprise when she claimed she would kill a demon moon right off the bat. He couldn't really say anything about her goal to become a pillar because he too wanted that position, but he couldn't understand why she was telling him this.

"Apparently, just killing the demon won't cut it because Oyakata-sama also considers the crows' report." Inori stretched her hand to pet her crow, Kanamaru, who happily nuzzled against her finger. "Because a pillar's job isn't just decapitating demons. He needs to know whether they have the right qualifications or not."

She turned to face him with a smile. "I know you also want to be a pillar, Muichiro. I'm telling you this because I want to work together with you for this Moon hunting."

Muichiro cocked his head to the side. "Is Oyakata-sama fine with that?"

"I wouldn't be telling you if he wasn't." She stood up, walking towards Muichiro with her arms outstretched. "So? What do you say? Want to try becoming pillars together with me?"

Muichiro didn't need to think twice to accept her hand.

·̩̩̥͙**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚☆.。.☆.。.:*☆ ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*·̩̩̥͙