t h r e e

the sweet aroma of pancakes and syrup filled ten's nose. he awoke to the sun shining brightly in his eyes. he groaned as he got up. the couch wasn't exactly the most comfortable to sleep in, but it was affordable. he heard hwayoung humming to a song that was playing through her headphones, so loud he could hear it. 

as she couldn't see him, ten tapped her should to announce his presence. out of fear, she squealed and turned her head. 

"hey! don't sneak up on me like that!" she exclaimed, wincing and looking down at her hand. 

guilty, ten gently grabbed her hand and rushed her to the near sink. he ran cold water over it, apologizing quietly as if he raised his voice any higher she'd break. 

"sorry, sorry, sorry, i'm so sorry," he muttered. 

hwayoung would've forgiven him, but she was swept away by his looks. she had never seen up close considering they've only know each other for two days. she noticed his clear, glass skin. the way his lips moved as he muttered, the way his hair was messy as he woke up from his deep sleep, or his nose and how tall it was. 

she looked for a good thirty seconds and somehow the pain in her hand completely subsided because of how distracted she was by his looks. she couldn't look away as if his looks just somehow made her gravitate towards him. suddenly she was met with ten's brown eyes and she quickly looked away. 

she cleared her throat, "breakfast'll be ready in a minute." she looked up at him and noticed his soft expression. 

"i'm really sorry, i didn't think you could hear me with your earphones in." ten pouted, subconsciously.

"it's really okay, i just got startled that's all. seriously don't worry about it." 

"but your hand, it looks like it's really badly burned," he pointed at her hand and held it in his. 

he lightly tapped on it as if it was on fire and he was putting it out. truthfully, the heat coming from his fingers made it slightly worse, but she didn't have the heart to tell him. other than the fact that she really liked having her hand in his, that she won't tell him either. 

she didn't know what she was feeling for ten and she couldn't tell whether she liked it or not. 

snapping herself into reality, she pulled her hand away and assured ten that she was fine. she shooed him away and turned back to cooking. luckily, the pancake she was cooking wasn't burnt. she took it off the pan onto the stack of pancakes on a plate. 

she put the plate in the middle of the table. 

"hey! wait for everything!" she exclaimed as ten reached for a pancake. he pouted, but listened to her instructions nevertheless. 

hwayoung chuckled and grabbed the plates off the counter, along with utensils. she set them on the table and as she turned back around to grab the rest, ten spoke up,"i'll get them, don't worry. come sit." 

hwayoung stood in place as she watched ten arise, grab the syrup and butter and sit down in one swift move. she shrugged and settled in her seat across from ten. 

"thanks for making breakfast, i really appreciate it." 

"of course, i should saying thank you for allowing me to be your roommate." she smiled at him as she served him a three stack, giving herself two. 

"usually, i'd wait for johnny to come and cook for me, and he's always late so i just starve for most of the morning," ten said with a mouthful of pancakes. 

hwayoung laughed,"slow down! you'll choke!" 

"i can't! they're so good!" ten gulped, "you're a really good cook! i guess i don't need johnny anymore."

"why don't you-" hwayoung started, however she was interrupted by a knock on the door. 

ten got up and opened the door. on the other side stood johnny, jaehyun, and yeoreum with boxes in their hands. 

"hwayoung, the movers are here!" yeoreum yelled, pushing past ten. 

"hello to you, too" ten muttered. 

johnny and jaehyun laughed. "she's been like this the whole day, don't take it to heart." jaehyun commented. 

"already?" hwayoung's eye widened,"they said they wouldn't be here until thursday!"

"why are you complaining?" yeoreum cocked her head to the side,"you should be happy your things are out of my place!"

hwayoung hit her shoulder and laughed, "fuck you. jaehyun didn't mind having me there, right?"

jaehyun scratched his head, looked at johnny, then ten,"uh yeah, no i didn't mind." 

"see?" hwayoung turned back to yeoreum. 

"he's lying. i love you hwayoung, you're my best friend; but i will not have you sulking around our apartment." yeoreum crossed her arms,"now hurry and finish your breakfast so we can get your stuff up here!" 

yeoreum pushed ten and hwayoung back down on their seats. 

"c'mon boys! let's get started while they finished!" yeoreum demanded and walked out the door, grabbing jaehyun by the hand and dragging him out of there. 

"tell the others to hurry!" jaehyun exclaimed in agony as he got dragged away. 

"who else is coming?" ten questioned johnny. 

johnny groaned,"taeyong, doyoung, mark, and haechan. they were the only ones free today." 

johnny started walking out of the apartment, but turned back around and said,"you know your best friend is really bossy and i want to punch her." 

hwayoung nodded her head in agreement,"i agree with you."