"Yet nothing could have prepared me for this, don't you think?"

"Nothing could have prepared anyone for this!" 

He was frustrated, frustrated with the situation that was unfolding before his eyes. He felt like the power had dropped in his hands, Aella was in his care. It was a lonely world. When he looked into the distance he saw a collapse of emotion rendered in his eyes, plummeting below the depths he had no control over. What could be done to stop feeling so alone? Loneliness kills the brokenhearted and never heals the people who are already broken.

Aella put her hand on top of his, stroking her finger across the top of his hand, showing her care and concern for his wellbeing.

"Why do you look like that?"

He snapped out of his daze, looking back at her eyes longing for answers. 

"Look like what?"

"You look sad, you look like someone who has been killed and brought back to life, what's going on inside of your head?" 

"Too much." 

He held her hand in his, grasping hold of it tightly to reassure her that he was there for her no matter what. When she smiled with happiness, he smiled too. 

Moriarty had been gone for far too long, he needed to know what was going on. Doctors came to examine her wound, to see what was happening with it. Upon lifting the t-shirt to check on the wound, they saw that she was completely healed from any wound at all. All looked on in shock, or horror at the healed wound after only a few days. As her eyes met there's, they turned away and left her bedside, leaving them both confused and unable to comprehend this medical miracle.

"Check it," with tears in her eyes, her hands shaking, Moran left her hand alone to tremor to examine her room. "Please, just check quickly."

"I know my fair share of medical miracles, Aella, not this," he kneeled down at her bedside, checking her wound. When his hands touched her bare skin, she shuddered, goosebumps betraying her inner thoughts. "Relax around me, I am never going to hurt you."

Pressing around her wound, he felt her skin delicately to see if it would hurt her. Every time he pressed harder, she expected herself to flinch, but nothing happened. It was as if she had never been hurt in the first instance. Why?

"Can you not feel anything?"

"Nothing at all, I think we can go," she pulled herself out of her bed, grabbing some of the clean clothes he had brought for her, trying to get herself changed. "We need to go, Moran."

Ignoring what had happened, she refused to accept that she had let them see her heal so quickly, it was so strange how the wound had healed quickly to everyone else. This was what she needed protecting from, the experiments of those that Alina had conducted, and she had become the test subject of. Whatever she had done to Aella was something no one expected would work or ever become something people understand. 

The torture. The pain. Taking it in turns to see what was what and what would work when injured. All of their scars were so similar because they were for the exact same reasons. Every single one of their blind devotion to the tests they subjected each other to. Alina bore the mark of a test gone wrong, Aella bore no mark, she was successful and no one knew.

"You know something, don't you?" he helped her put her shirt on, thinking she was in pain.

When he did, she swatted away his help glaring at him. "You need to make sure this does not get out, because if it does, this is game over for everyone. I will become the subject of scientific testing, we have a problem here,"

"How is this a problem?" when she turned away, he grabbed her arm, forcing her to see him. "You need to tell me."

Aella handed him a sheet of paper with writing all over it, it laid out specific detailed plans that had been written a long long time ago, something they had never ever hoped anyone would ever have to see. 

"This is where dad is, which is where we need to go,"

"We need Sherlock Holmes and John Watson,"

"Why?" 

"They are here for everything with James, they are friends but they are not friends, it is a relationship no one ever understands,"

"Let's go then!" 

When she went running away, he grabbed her arm again, pulling her toward him. She wrapped her hands around his neck, he held her waist, they both gazed into one another eyes counting the stars inside each others beautiful globes of wonder. One of his hands fell upon her cheek, planting a delicate kiss on her cheek. 

"I love you, Aella. I will not let this be the end for us, you are everything I need right now,"
"I love you too. My Sebastian,"

"Don't tell your dad that then." 

They both laughed, enjoying the moment, before realizing it was time to depart. 

Live life for as long as you can and be bigger than it,

Find happiness in the small things and let it plough through,

Some things come and some things go,

There will always be the one, you will always know.