⁰² HOMECOMING: i got a... lets call it a parasite?

Beginne am Anfang

Leilani was the only one left to support their parents in such a state, a couple of years later, Leo was born, and since the second he was born he became everyone's ray of sunshine. Although appearing strong and happy often took its toll on the youngest Reeves, he started picking up a bad habit, and that was putting people's needs before his own. He slowly became a people pleaser, despite how vehemently he denies it, he was. Leo felt good when people smiled or felt better because of him. And that was a trait that stemmed from trying and failing to fill the hole left in their parents' hearts after Ercole's disappearance.

"Hey, there's our favorite lion." Leo smiled widely at Jessa, the beautiful black receptionist with mesmerizing face features. "What's up? I didn't know you were coming today."

Leo halted in front of her, he leaned his elbows against the counter. "Yeah, I wasn't really planning to, it was more of a spontaneous thought."

Jessa nodded, she shuffled with some papers before putting them inside a manila folder. "I see, and how was school?"

"Oh y'know," Leo shrugged nonchalantly, "like school. Same ol'. Same ol'."

Jessa chuckled, brushing her hair off her shoulder in one flick. "Don't you have any friends?"

"Oh, I got tons of those. Why?" Leo tilted his head to the side, wide blue eyes staring back at the brown beauty with confusion.

Jessa shrugged, the corner of her lips going downward. "I don't know- it's just... you always hang out here. Why would a kid your age be hanging out at a hospital?"

"I like it here," Leo replied simply. "Kids my age are jerks. Plus, this is my way of skipping house chores."

Jessa nodded slowly, understanding his point of view. Dr. Reeves made her way out of the OR, she was dressed in navy-blue scrubs, she rubbed the back of her shoulders trying to alleviate the soreness. All she wanted to do was lay down and get an hour of sleep, maximum, but first, she needed to eat something because she was starving. Her tummy was literally churning, and she even felt nauseous, but she suffered in silence because this was the price of the profession she had fallen in love with. She carried herself toward the exit of the ER, she was gonna make a short stop at Koffie and buy something to eat and a huge cup of coffee before heading back to the hospital.

She walked past the reception and noticed her little brother helping Jessa process paperwork. It surprised Leilani to see Leo in the hospital since she had expected him to be with Chris. Seeing Leo here was almost a routine, he had volunteered for clerical duties.

"Leo?" Leilani called him, voice dripping with confusion. "Why?"

Jessa and Leo turned to a zombie-looking Leilani, the neurosurgeon seemed to be one blink away from falling asleep right there and then.

Leo frowned. "Why what?"

But Leilani remained silent, too tired to even speak, so Jessa filled in for her. "I think she means why are you here?"

"Ah, well, because I wanted to." He set down the papers in his hand and stood up, making his way over to his sister. "Large coffee, no sugar, and what can I get you to eat?"

Leilani didn't even have the energy to argue with him, she sighs and gives him a soft smile. "A club sandwich. Buy something for yourself, too." She turned to Jessa. "Jessa, you want something, hun?"

"Black coffee. Two sugars." She smiled gratefully at Leilani. "Thank you, chica."

"Don't mention it." She gave her a tired smile. Leilani gave Leo some money and the boy ran out of the ER toward the Café in front.