"What are you going to do about Lera, dumbass."

"Charm her until she falls in love with me."

Noah lets out another laugh, before slowly burying his head in his hands. 

"You're an idiot, you know that right?" he asks, faux concern coming over his face.

"What do you mean? What do you want me to do?" I ask, growing more annoyed the longer this conversation drags on. 

Noah lets out a slow breathe, pinching the bridge of his nose before speaking.

"Well, first of all, Lera doesn't like you, because you tease her and you're confusing. Second of all... it's now or never my guy. We're going to college at the end of the summer, and she's finishing highschool soon, so you don't really have time to fuck around anymore. I have had to deal with you silently pining after her for years, years my friend, and I don't want to have to deal with your lonely ass in the retirement home, still complaining about loving her, and the missed opportunity you didn't take on this trip. So, if you love her as much as you say you do, you're going to listen to me. You're going to talk to her, really talk, because Lera, she's sensitive, and kind, and needs to feel like she's needed and wanted by people. You know how fucked up she felt after our dad left, so you need to make her feel safe and loved, so she knows you're not going to get up and leave like he did. I know you love her and want to be that person for her, but you can't half ass it. You got that?"

I'm stunned. 

"I feel like as her brother you shouldn't be telling me to talk to her. Aren't brothers supposed to hate people that like their sisters?" I ask with a confused look on my face.

"Yeah but, I know you, and I know you can be the right person for her. I don't want to sound sappy but if there's anyone I would want to date my baby sister, it would be you. And, if you ever hurt her, I know where you live, so that just makes it easier to beat your ass." he says, laughing at his last point. 

I laugh lightly before becoming quiet again.

"Okay, I'll try." I say.

"You'd better. I'm just sad that you'll be off the market and I can't have you all to myself," Noah says, messing up my hair as he walks across to me.

"Awww, I'll miss you too baby." I reply, punching his arm lightly before I stand up and walk towards the door. 

"I'm getting a drink, I'll be back soon, don't miss me too much!" I yell, softly closing the door behind me before heading towards the stairs.

Speak of the devil.

She's standing there. In the kitchen. She's turned away from me, her dark hair covering any emotion of her face. She hasn't heard me coming down the stairs, as she looks too focused on the ocean outside.

I clear my throat, and she flips her head for a second at the sudden noise, her face falling when she sees it's me.

"Hey," she says quietly, her voice sounding angelic against the quietness of the house.

"What are you doing down here?" I ask, trying not to bother her too much to start with.

"I've been running, Einstein," she replies, sounding bored. "The bigger question, what are you doing down here."

"Just getting a drink, what else would I be doing in a kitchen at 2 in the morning?" I say, trying my best to imitate her tone as I know it will annoy her. 

She doesn't reply, so I open the cupboard doors to grab a glass, filling it before I walk over and stand next to her. She looks peaceful, just staring at the rolling waves, so I lower my voice.

"What are we looking at?"

She ponders a response for a minute, looking amused as she searches her mind for an answer.

"The chronicles of ocean waves, and how the moonlight highlights the beauty of the water, creating a perfect romanticization of our dull, ordinary lives." She finally says, snorting quietly as she finishes. 

"Poetic as ever."

She finally, finally turns her head to look at me, her eyes quickly scanning over me before she snaps her head back. Shit, looks like I lost my shirt.

"Always, it makes life more interesting."

She makes life more interesting.

Neither of us say anything more, a comfortable silence taking over the kitchen. I take the time to look over at her again, a small, sweet smile decorating her face. A piece of her hair falls into her eyes, and I have to resist the urge to take a step closer to her and tuck it behind her ear. 

"So, do you still want to be a writer then? Using your unnecessarily long descriptions create a false sense of reality?" I finally ask, breaking the silence.

An odd look flashes across her face, likes she can't believe I remembered.

"Well, that's the plan, if anyone actually wants to read my writing anyway." She says, looking back down at the glass of water in her hand.

"Who's to say no one will read it? I will."

"So you don't mind me 'creating a false sense of reality' for you?"

I laugh quietly at her imitation, taking a sip of water before I reply.

"For you, always."

Her face flashes with confusion, the edges of her lips tilting downwards slightly at my words. 

"Uh, sorry I'm getting a bit tired and I'm going to head off to bed, see you in the morning, bye." She quickly rambles, putting her glass in the sink as she rushes past me. 

"Goodnight, sleep well." I say as she rushes towards the stairs, a response not warranted. 

I finish my glass before placing it in the sink next to hers, smiling to myself as I follow her route to the stairs.

I don't care how hard she makes it, she'll be mine before she realizes.

A/n:

A/n:

Heyy!!

Thanks again for reading a chapter of 'Spellbound'!

I'm forever grateful to whoever you are reading, and I'll see you at the end of the next chapter!

em, xx