Ch. 1

The walk home was quiet, like usual, but this time I forgot to wipe the blood off my hands.

Being a Nurse at the highest-rated hospital, I have to stay clean, but I forgot as I was rushing to get out of that shit hole.

Besides, while looking down at my hands as I walked through the dimly lit alleyways, my ego started to enjoy it.

I don't kill people, I heal them. It's my quirk, and nothing about my quirk can deliver pain.

So walking around like I just murdered a person will make people think I am someone whom I am not. Someone who is undesirable. Someone to stay away from. Though deep down I crave a closeness with someone, I have only been betrayed. The devil comes in the form of a friend, with a weapon of listening ears and deception.

My blood boils with memories of the betrayal from the one I trusted most. With my deepest secrets, and now I live in agony while they use my trust against me. My biggest regret was becoming close to someone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's about a 35-minute walk home if I don't get interrupted. This is the part of the city where men can do just about anything, where nightmares become a walking reality, where I feel life run through my body.

There are never any paroles around here keeping people safe. So every day I see new victims come into the hospital just from walking around here. The city has given up on any governance in this area, which has allowed the crazy to roam free.

Those poor souls come in with horrible stories about what these people did to them so I've started walking this way to get rid of them myself. I am no hero, just a broken girl with a bloodthirsty appetite for vengeance.

Of course, my lovely quirk is just for the good of all and is not intended for pain, but that's not what the voices tell me.

{The voices let out a deep laugh, which strings a smile across my face}

They've been with me before my healing quirk manifested, and god damn do they not only feed my ego but the emptiness inside me that should be occupied by loneliness.

Obviously, no one else can hear them, just me. Sometimes that fucker gets so loud, other times they're brutally silent.

I'm not crazy.

It's just my ego talking. Sustained by power, though only because I live in fear.

I walk these anarchy alleyways because I am determined to have these men change their minds about feasting on the weak. Vengeance.

The clothes I wear don't matter to get their heads turned in my direction, just showing the slightest vulnerability will commend them to me. God, it's just too easy with desperate men. Still, I am no different than the rest of the psychos in the alleys. I seek vengeance for it feeds me power that I am too, very desperate for.

Last week was too easy, I overestimated them so much. Four different men in one week, all looking for the same thing. Power. Praying on weak bodies feeds the ego. I do the same but give myself justice by calling it vengeance.

All I gave them were bloody faces no one would want to look at. And tonight it will all be the same.

{The voices interrupt my devilish thought. "Footsteps behind you coming closer. Weaponless."}

My smile creeps across my face as I drop my keys. I bend down to pick it up, carefully listening.

"Is someone following me? Oh please... I... I'm armed!" I shout out, faking a stutter. Playing weak.