A Promise prt 1

Hey everyone this is a two shot inspired by a request that I didn't feel comfortable at doing at the time it was requested, and felt that in this one shot series it could work. So anyways I hope you enjoy if you do vote and comment 💖

Georgie was asleep of course she was. It was two in the morning, but apparently she wouldn't be for long as there was a knock on her door which instantly woke her up as she had learned to be a light sleeper. "Who could that be?" Georgie questions the two puppies who sigh and stretch as Georgie goes to open the door. Seeing Grace, "Grace what are you doing here." Georgie asks as Grace sighs.

 Eden woke me for  her bottle and I wanted to talk to you. I'm sorry if I woke you up." Grace says as Georgie sighs. It was two in the morning of course she was asleep especially since she had stayed up until twelve worried about her puppy, but she let's the thought go as she stretches and yawns. Her two dogs just like back down at the foot of Georgie's bed too tired to deal with anything at the moment unless Georgie told them to.

"So what do you need? That was important enough to bother me at two in the morning." Georgie asks in confusion as her empathic abilities were completely turned off at the moment. It was to early  for this. Grace could tell that the young adult was exhausted and felt bad for waking her, but she needed to ask Georgie an important question and they were always busy during the day. Georgie had normal work and then she usually always ended up at a library or helping Michalea, or talking Ben out of doing something crazy which was happening more and more as of lately. She honestly didn't know how Georgie even kept up with it with the four to six hours of sleep she usually got a day.

"I know this is probably the wrong time to ask you something like this, but I have been thinking about the future and what could possibly happen. If all else fails and we can't find a way to save my family then it will just be Olive Eden and I, but I can't help to think what if something happens to me while Eden is still young. Olive has her own life and needs to be starting college, and who knows what will happen to Zeke if Michaela dies. Georgie I wanted to know how comfortable you would be with taking Eden in if anything happens to us." Grace says as Georgie just gaped at her. She had no idea how to raise a child she had only just turned twenty. And she never planned on having children. Dogs were enough work as was. Plus Georgie wouldn't allow the family to get hurt, and she knew they would solve the mystery of the death date so what was the need?

"I don't know Grace… I'm not very good with young kids. You see I'm more used to age seven and up. I'm not very good with babies or toddlers. I mean I know basic first aid and how to take care of one, but that's not my thing. I would not be a good guardian." Georgie says now more awake and alert as the shock was still settling in. Grace sighs she knew Georgie didn't think she was great with babies, but in all honesty Grace had seen how well she took care of Eden The last few days and it reassured her of her choice. She knew Georgie had to be scared about the idea, but right now the possibility of the whole family dying was a very big chance and she knew Georgie would take care of Eden if she was prepared enough.

"Georgie we're talking about when Eden's like four and a half. She would be a preschooler than and much easier on you. You're the only one I can trust with her. I just need to know she won't be put in the system and be hurt or abused because she is a daughter of an 828er and his family. She deserves to be loved and taken care of, and you will do that. I know it's a big decision that could change your life forever, but at least think about it please." Grace says as Georgie just nods looking down. It definitely was a big decision that could change her life forever. Let's just imply everyone in the family dies other than Olive, not that she would let that happen. But then she would have to take care of a young kid as probably a single parent which would be hard, but it could be possible. She did love Eden, but she wasn't quite sure she was up to the challenge.

"Does Ben know about this?" Georgie asks as Grace nods of course she had discussed this with her husband and they had both agreed on the idea. She had even asked Cal and Olive if it was okay with them and they agreed too. It was good with them as long as it was okay with her. Georgie just sighs looking at her house. She had a big enough house for it. Her dogs would love having a little kid to play with if it happened. She had no idea how her work life would play into this, but she guessed she could figure that out if it actually happened.

"Can I have a day to discuss it with my pups? It would be a big change to all of us if something were to happen." Georgie asks as she wanted to deal with this when everyone was awake, not just her and Grace because she needed some sleep. The older woman nods, as she knew it was early and Georgie was tired. So she gently gets up with Eden in her arms.

"Yes, of course you can think about it. I'll leave you alone now you have to be tired." Grace says Georgie nods, holding back her comment. She was tired as heck  she hadn't got a full eight hours of sleep since flight 828 returned, but it was just the price of signing up for this job. She should be used to it by now. It has been like two years now.

"Yeah I am goodnight Grace.. well good morning, but anyways I'm going back to bed." Georgie says leaving Grace to leave on her own before going back to bed