Chapter 10

Derek was at a lost for words, and out of all the punches Stiles gave, it didn’t hurt as much as having Stiles finally admit that he didn’t want to spend the rest of his life with him. Derek always knew that Stiles wouldn’t want to be with him. Why would he? It’s not like he ever did him a favor or had a heartfelt conversation with him about his conflicting emotions. 

Since day one, Derek had fallen in love with Stiles but having Stiles make a decision of spending the rest of his life with him, and whoever got in the way would be killed, was much more than anyone could handle. Derek was to spend all his days alone, and he suddenly realized how Stiles felt all those nights ago when Derek abandoned him in the emergency room. But why would Stiles beg Derek for a chance, and at Derek’s offer, Stiles suddenly refused? All Derek knew was that his eyes were bloody red, and he wanted to kill someone to ease the tension of his anger. His sharp teeth were gritted, and Derek went to run away when Stiles tugged the front of his shirt. 

Derek was breathing heavily, and his anger was about to burst at any moment. How could he have been so dumb to express his secret emotions? Isn’t that why from the time they met, Derek forced himself to be a bad tempered alpha, just so he wouldn’t attract Stiles to him. But in actuality, it attracted the young boy even more? Stiles tugged onto the bottom of Derek’s shirt, stopping him and wiped away the tears with his free hands. 

“No, I will not spend the rest of my life with a murderer,” Stiles choked out, fighting Derek who grew even furious at the words. “It’s because you’re not a murderer nor will you ever be. Derek . . . I loved you since day one too. And I will love you forever, through death, the afterlife and the other life after the afterlife because I want you.”

Anger on Derek’s face had vanished and his cheeks rose a high shade of rosy pink. He smiled larger than he ever had in his life, and picked up Stiles by the waist and carried him in the air. Derek slowly brought Stiles back down, face to face, and Stiles was still airborne, he carried him for his lips, but stopped just before the final seal. 

“Are you sure about this?” Derek asked. 

“I’m ---.” But Derek had kissed him before Stiles could respond. Derek kissed Stiles’ lip tenderly, infusing their saliva with one another, and even Stiles slid his curious tongue into Derek’s hot mouth which made the alpha grin. Derek hugged Stiles against him, and kissed him harder, holding onto the back of Stiles’ neck so he couldn’t go anywhere. The scent, the taste, the tongue action . . . Derek was completely mesmerized. After all, this was his first kiss. He always dreamed  what it would be like and couldn’t imagine it would have been this amazing. 

“I had to kiss you before you changed your mind,” Derek grinned.

“Derek,” Stiles whimpered, breaking the kiss, but breathing heavily against the alpha’s flushed face, “I want you to have me, more than a kiss.”

And Derek understood full heartedly what Stiles meant; his eyes opened wide and so did his smile. Derek slid Stiles into the passenger seat on the driver’s side and started the car, speeding quickly down the empty road. 

Stiles whimpered uncontrollably, feeling the arousal of what was about to happen which elicited an even whinier growl from Derek, who clutched onto the steering wheel like he had been holding onto life itself. Stiles couldn’t help the feeling growing inside of him and sundered towards Derek, licking his neck up to his ear. As controlled as Derek seemed to be, he shook under Stiles’ touch and veered off the road a few times during the process. Stiles’ hand trailed from the side of Derek’s cheek to the underneath of his shirt and to the top of Derek’s jeans. Stiles tugged at the jeans and bit at the core of Derek’s throat where he could feel the vibrations echoing inside of Derek’s body.