Love me love me love me

You'd think that someone like Megumi wouldn't have nightmares.

He's seen people fall down on the floor with their hearts stopping, he's heard people scream for mercy, he's felt the pitter-patter of sounds of hearts beating from fear, he's smelled the nasty smell of blood.

He's a jujutsu Sorcerer, and you'd think after all he's been through he wouldn't have nightmares.

But Megumi is human, and he's only a 16-year-old boy. He isn't like Satoru, who's been through it all, he isn't as strong and experienced. He still dreams of people dying, of not saving them, he dreams of the bloodiest red in his dreams

God is their blood in his dreams. So much blood, that ugly burning colouring of red that pierces through his soul. That red that likes to remind him of reality, of the people he couldn't save, of the blood they spilled and the screams they yelled.

He's just a kid, a kid who grew up fast. A kid who didn't get to have the pleasure of a warm, safe and happy family, a kid who has to fight for his life every single day.God, he's just a 16-year-old boy.

And all 16-year-old boys should have nightmares, may it be running away from your math finals or running away from clawed hands of a curse.

When Megumi is laying in his bed, he turns and tosses, he's scared to close his eyes. If he does he's scared he'll be met with the colour red, hearts of people getting ripped and their bodies snipped in half.

And so when he does fall into sleep he was so desperately running from, he prays that God he doesn't see red

_________________________________________________________________________

God didn't seem to listen to him. Maybe it's because God isn't real or maybe they just hate Megumi's guts.

Because when Megumi opens his eyes, he's met with red. Red, red, red, red red red red red so so so much red

That horrid colour, a primary colour he wishes would just burn in a fire that wasn't red.

Red red red, god he hates it so much.

The colour of an apple, the colour you think of when angry comes to your mind, the colour that paints the walls.

Red the colour he hates, anything anything but red please he hates it so so much

Hate, when you think of hate you think of red. Red red red he wishes he was colour blind.

____________________________________________________________

Where he sits, there is an empty bowl. The walls are brown, almost a pinkish colour. The floors have tiles of white and it's dark. No red, no red and so no hate.

He stares at the bowl because for some reason he can't move his head around, and as he watches, he sees red pouring down inside.

And a heart goes in it, then some limbs. A skinned hand, no skin. Just its ugly muscles that are painted with red. A heart, a heart that's still beating. So so so fast, like it's screaming at Megumi.

'Save me, save me save me'

He can practically hear it, and when he tries to run, run like the coward he is.

The bowl is picked up by hands, they look almost black. Those hands aren't red, no nothing in this room is a colour that isn't red.

Red red red, he too is red. From his once black hair to his once pale pinkie toe. He too is red, from inside and out.