Chapter 21: Fuck 'Em.

Start from the beginning

"Aww, are you having a bad day?" On the outside I look serene, calm, on the inside I'm a little fourteen year old mess.

"You really think a sophomore like him, would go for you?" Jade, a fucking bully, gestured toward the blonde sophomore that sat in the cafeteria with his friends, she caught me staring at him. His name is Ashton.

Not because I like him, I was just comparing him to Oliver and how different they are.

"Look at you, little Kayden, or you know what? Don't look at you, we don't want our mirrors to break." She and her friends laughed, at me.

I shook my head to get out of that awful memory, she will not control me again.

"Kayden?" Oliver asked, when did he get here? "You okay?" He placed his hands on my shoulders.

"Yeah of course," I smiled softly at him.

"Sorry, Lexi, no I don't think I can help you." Oliver said, huh?

"Why? Because of your little girlfriend? You know she can't forbid you from doing things, right?" Her face is still red from anger.

"No, I just don't want to be around you." Oliver stated, "Goodbye." He closed the door on her shocked face.

Oliver turned around, picked me up and brought me to the couch, me sitting on him, straddling him.

"You looked zoned out, what did she tell you?" Oliver tucked a stray piece of my hair behind my ear.

"Nothing," I shook my head and smiled softly.

"I don't want her to get in your head, she can be really mean."

Yeah, tell me about it.

"She didn't," I put my head in the crook of his neck.

Oliver started running his hands up and down my back.

"You know, little Kayden, you are just a show off." Jade snickered, I don't even speak in class.

"And you know what we do to show offs?" She evilly smirked, and I backed away from her, shaking my head, not noticing the stairs behind me, "We squash them." Jade stated and pushed me, making me go on a cozy, involuntary, trip down the stairs.

I jumped up, not liking that memory at all. Get out of my head bitch.

"Are you okay, Smalls?" Oliver looked concerned.

"I'm fine." I said sharply, I don't even like my tone, "Sorry, I didn't mean to say it like that."

"It's okay," he said softly, "Do you need to talk?" Oliver's too good for his own good.

"No, I'm fine." I smiled again.

"I don't think you are, what did she say?" He looks concerned.

"Nothing, I just got reminded of something that I don't particularly like." I say.

"Kayden, you know you can talk to me, right?" He tilted his head a bit, cutie.

"Yeah, when I'm ready I will, okay?" He nodded his head.

"Hey what time is it?" I asked, "My phone's in the kitchen."

Oliver gestured to his phone on the couch next to my legs, his hands continued rubbing circles on my back.

I picked up the phone and the screen lit up, and I saw my face looking at me, he put the picture from our first date as his lock screen.

"I really like that picture of you," I looked up at Oliver, "I didn't want it to be lost with all my other pictures." He explained, never breaking eye contact with me.

Heart? Somersaulting.

"You know, your picture is my Lock Screen too." I smiled widely.

"Really?" He got up, still holding me, and walked over to the kitchen, placing me on the counter and giving me my phone, "Open it." He urged.

I tap my phone and it lights up to his pretty face and I show it to him.

He takes my phone out of my hands and stares at it.

"That's me!" He exclaims. Absolutely adorable.

"It is." I chuckled.

"You put me as your Lock Screen?" He asked, he looked so cute like this, happy.

"You put me as yours." I retorted.

"Cause you're pretty." He hugged my waist.

"Same reason dude," he tightened his hold.

Why did I let those bitches get in my head? I'm not the same little girl I used to be, and even if I was, fuck 'em.

                               ☯︎︎☯︎︎☯︎︎
Hey, hi, hello.

How are you?

I suck at being mean, I literally googled 'smart comebacks for rude comments', like how pathetic can I get?

I kinda like the whole Lock Screen part, it was cute, and the whole Lexi thing was because I felt like this story became a fluff romance, not that it's something bad, but I wanted something a bit more interesting to happen.

Anyhow, did you like it? Can you vote if you did?

QOTC☟︎

K, love you, bye <3

K, love you, bye <3.