Chapter 21: The Attack At Pride Rock

Start from the beginning

"Really? Yay!" The pups cheered.

"You're the best, ma!" said Omari.

"We love you so much, mama!" Lela exclaimed.

"I love you both too," said Jamya, nuzzling both of her pups as they nuzzled her in return.

Kovu and Kiara smiled at the sweet exchange between mother and pups. They nuzzled each other before being interrupted by Zazu, who was flying towards them while panicking. While he was doing his duties in the sky, he saw Abasi and his entire pride heading towards pride rock as an attempt to take over the pride lands.

"Your majesties! Thank goodness I've found you," said Zazu.

"What's going on, Zazu?" asked Kiara.

"Abasi and his pride are making their way towards pride rock! They're coming to spill blood!"

"What?!"

Kovu gave his mate a stern look, "Kiara, tell everyone to meet me below pride rock. And make sure that someone stays behind to protect all of the cubs!" he commanded.

"Yes, dear," Kiara said as she sped back towards pride rock.

"Good luck, Kovu," said Jamya.

"Thanks, Jamya. I'll need it," Kovu said as he sped off towards pride rock.

Meanwhile, Kiara had the pride below pride rock. Sarabi and Sarafina volunteered to stay behind and protect the cubs. Kovu made it towards his pride as they wanted for the outsiders to come. Soon enough, Abasi appeared on the scene with Mabaya and his pride. Since they had found food and water source, their bodies have filled out, and they've gained muscles from the intense training they had.

"Well, well, well, looks like the king is ready to give up the throne," Abasi sneered.

"Get out of here, Abasi! You don't belong here!" Kovu yelled.

"And what if I don't?" he mimicked Kovu's voice.

"You're going to regret coming here!" Kovu bared his teeth and flexed his claws.

"My, my, such attitude," he cackled. "As you may know, we've gotten much stronger since we've found somewhere to eat our prey."

Kiara frowned, "I hope you didn't sneak into the pride lands to hunt. You know the penalty for returning to the pride lands!"

"Don't worry about us finding food! You need to shut that big mouth of yours before we shut it for you!" Kitana sneered.

"Why don't you make us, missy!" Timon hissed.

"Yeah! What he said!" Pumbaa yelled, snorting.

"Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! You two?" Mabaya snickered as her pride laughed, "A meerkat and warthog can't fight lions. One bite to the neck will surely end you two!"

"If you're thinking about getting your claws and teeth on my friends, then you have another thing coming!" Simba snarled, flexing his claws.

"You will never get the pride lands!" Kion growled, unsheathing his claws, "We will fight 'till the end!"

"Well, I guess we'll have to do this the hard way!" Abasi smirked evilly before turning to his pride, "ATTACK!!!"

The lions roared before charging at Kovu's pride. Kovu let out a big roar before leading his pride to run at Abasi's pride. The two pride ran at each other before clashing. Kion tackled a lioness who proceeded to claw him on his cheek, causing him to roar in pain. He retaliated by sinking his claws into her chest. The lioness roared in pain before shoving the lion prince off of him.