Chapter 21: The Attack At Pride Rock

Start from the beginning

"At least they're teaching us how to hunt and fight," Hodari proclaimed.

"Yeah, that's true," said Chaka.

A while later, Kiara and the huntresses have returned with two wildebeest, just at the same time as the males returned for breakfast.

"Cubs, time for breakfast!" Kiara called out.

"Coming, mom!"

"Yes, Auntie Kiara!"

The five cubs went over to the wildebeest carcasses, where the pride began eating. They went to their families while Neema and the other cubs went with the other pride members to eat their food this morning.

"Mmm, this is good!" said Faraji.

"You said it, bro," said Chaka with his mouth full.

"Chaka, Faraji, don't talk with your mouth full," said Kiara before tearing into the flesh.

They swallowed their food, "Yes, mom,"

After breakfast, Kovu and Kiara went to the hyena lands to give Jamya and her clan leftover wildebeest, which would be enough to feed them. Since Kion and Tiifu helped the hyenas find a home months before the cubs were born, Kovu and Kiara decided to name the place; the hyena lands. It's a part of the pride lands with several caves and a good-sized water hole with large grass patches. It's located a few meters away from the watering hole. It took a while for all the inhabitants to get used to having the hyenas back into the pride lands since Scar became the king. But Jamya and her clan showed everyone that they respect the circle of life and don't hunt for fun. And now, they've earned enough trust from the whole savannah and became an alliance to the pride lands.

"Thank you all so much," said Jamya.

"You're welcome," said Kiara. "Anything to help a friend."

"Yes, indeed,"

"Hey, ma. Who's that?" asked a hyena pup.

"Yeah, we haven't seen any lions here before," said a second pup.

"Omari, Lela. Meet the king and queen of the pride lands, Kovu and Kiara," Jamya introduced, "Your Majesties, these are my pups, Omari and Lela."

Omari and Lela are the twins of Jamya. They have the same fur color and spots as all of the hyenas in their clan. They get looks from their mother but have their late father's light green eyes.

"Nice to meet you," the twins said.

"Awww, nice to see you two as well," said Kiara, smiling down at the two pups.

"How old are they?" asked Kovu.

"They're six months old," she answered.

"Born a month before our cubs. One day, you can come to pride rock to meet all of the cubs in the pride," Kovu offered.

"That would be a great idea!" said Jamya, "My pups can have new friends to play with."

"We get to meet some cubs our age?" asked Lela.

"That's right, Lela. You and your brother will have someone to play with," said Kovu.

"Wow! That'll be great!" Omari exclaimed.

"We can't wait to make new friends!" Lela said, jumping around with her brother with excitement written on her face.

"We will see them one day," said Jamya, "But for now, you still need your matriarch lessons from me, Lela. And Omari, you and your sister will have tracking and fighting lessons to attend as well."

"Awwww," The pups sighed.

"One day when we're on break from our lessons. I'll take you to pride rock so you can meet the cubs there," Jamya offered.