༒ 𝚣𝚎𝚛𝚘: 𝚠𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝚞𝚙 ༒

Start from the beginning

"My apologies! But it is 8:30. I wake up at 6:50." I retort back at him

"On a Saturday?" He asks.

"Yes! I have a job! Work to do!" I say back.

I give up trying to speak and check the clock.

"Crap... I have to be there by 9:20, it's already 8:45!?" I stress to myself.

My entire body starts to speed walk around my kitchen placing two slices of bread into the toaster and placing a cup under my coffee machine. I completely ignore Hume's presence and proceed to my bathroom.

"I'm going to be late and that's thanks to you, Hume!" I get out into the kitchen 5 minutes later, my hair was still damp my tie was crooked and the top buttons of my shirt were undone.

I felt his eyes following my movement as I went left to right in my kitchen quickly chewing on the toast and chugging the coffee.

"This man..." I think to myself.

I shuffle to my front door quickly grabbing my coat and bag. I can hear Hume's footsteps creeping slowly behind, my head tilts behind me to see his face covered by the cup and his body leaning on the right wall. Hume was finding this funny... well I don't.

"Why are you still here? Don't you also have a job to go to?" I tell him.

"Yes, of course, I do!  Why'd you think I had this get up and pin on?" He places his mug on the table near him, hands going up and down his attire, "You on the other hand do not need to go into the office today."

He points in my direction and his gaze shifts into one that I can recognise clearly... He only uses this gaze when something serious comes up or if he's in a court trial.  A shiver crawls up my spine as I try to break away from the cold stare of my mentor.

"W-what?" My voice was a little shaky in reply, " What do you mean I'm not needed in Baldr today?"

"I told the office that you were on a case already!" Neil says, "and to cancel any cases that are meant to go to you."

As I listen to the last sentence I glare at exclaiming, "I'm not getting any cases? What in the world Neil!"

Neil chuckles and picks up the cup he had left stand by up again slurping what was left in the cup. I watch as he slips his free hand into his pants pocket and pulls out a phone... My phone. His fingers quickly tap on the screen before he hands my phone back.

"How the- Nevermind, what did you do?" I ask him as I search through my phone in case he did something off, "Why did you open my messages?"

"Look at the messages I sent you." He replies.

My thumb glides to his number as I click on it. The bottom of the chat could be seen saying:
[17 UNREAD MESSAGES AND 1 MISSED CALL]

I look up at him and see him point his cup down to my screen, gesturing for me to read it.

Neil Hume:
Artem. [sent 4:45 am ✅]

Wing. [sent 4:46 am ✅]

I'm guessing you're passed out... [sent 4:50 am ✅]

Anyways, I remembered that I need to send you the address. [sent 4:51 am ✅]

Here: 17 Lilian blvd, South Stellis. [sent 4:52 am✅]