༒ 𝚣𝚎𝚛𝚘: 𝚠𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝚞𝚙 ༒

———————

"Neil? Why are you calling me this late?" A tired voice emits through the phone.

Neil who is currently typing on his desktop answers the young man's question, "Artem, I have another case."

"Okay... And?" Artem says to Neil in a confusing tone.

"As your mentor and close family friend I just wanted to tell you," Neil chuckles, "Also being that I want you in this case."

Artem chokes and blurts out "What? Why do you want me in it?"

"I know you're like a prodigy with the law and everything but it'll teach you a bit more! " Neil happily voices.

"But-" Artem tries to argue.

Neil cuts Artem off, "No! No more questions! I'll text you the address and time to meet ok?"

"Yes sir," Artem replies sighing in defeat.

Artem places his phone on his bedside checking the time on his alarm clock.

"3:30? Why does he always stay up so late?" The young Brunette thinks to himself.

Artem never understands his mentor's work ethic and chooses to always ignore how Neil Hume lives life. Compared to his own life, Artem can't judge his mentor at all, he was similar to him; addicted to work, living alone and not in a relationship. The room was silent, it was just Artem, staring at the blank ceiling breathing slowly and his eyes slowly dropping into a gentle slumber.

—————
Artem's POV:

A blaring sound echoes in my room, it was my alarm. I quickly grab a hold of my alarm slapping down the button on top to shut the sound off.

"8:30... Wait... 8:30?!"I think to myself, "What in the worl-"

"Now... where does this young man place his teaspoons?" a voice was coming from the kitchen, it was a recognisable one to be exact.

I readjust myself to a sitting position, stretching my arms out and yawning. My body awakens fully and walks towards the kitchen to greet the recognisable voice. The window of my living room had its curtain drawn out with the sunrise popping up to say hello. I look in front of me which was my kitchen and there he was... my mentor, Neil Hume.

"...How did you get in?" I ask with a hint of irritation in my voice, "And my teaspoons are in the right-most drawer next to my other utensils."

I watch as Neil completely ignores my question and heads to the opposite side of the kitchen, with a cup of what I presume is coffee. I watch as he turns his body towards my direction his face with a closed-eye smile, his hair a bit messy... yet he still manages to neaten it up, he was in a suit with his senior attorney badge on the left side of his blazer. Neil looks like he's ready for any case, however his face... Says different.

I look at the tired man in front of me, bags under his eyes and say, "You look horrible... Forget that! Can you answer my questions and tell me why I didn't wake up at 6:50?"

"Harsh much Artem? I am your senior, at least tone down the cold act? Plus to answer your questions," Neil sips his coffee aggressively, "One, I got in through your spare key that is underneath your mat and two, I adjusted your alarm before it usually sounds at 6:50 because you take five minutes to shut the damn alarm off and I need some peace in the early hours!"