"No-- I like it, it's fine" He reassures me. I nod silently, singing softly to the song playing. I sigh heavily as I remember what I had been itching to ask Rafe for a few weeks now-- I didn't want to go behind his back to get intel so I decided hearing it from him myself would be better.

"Hey uh-- I've been meaning to ask you something" I question him, causing him to hum as he waits for me to elaborate.

"You haven't been buying supply from Barry right? You promised you'd stop and get clean -- I just wanna make sure you're sticking to your word, Rafe" I state, earning me an exhale from Rafe who turns to look at me.

"I'm clean baby, haven't seen or spoken to Barry in weeks-- I promise" He reassures me, giving me a small smile as his eyes scan my face.

"Okay, uh-- great, that's great. I've been looking at methods and maybe some programs you can do that'll help with the urges--"

"Hey, I'm fine! You don't have to worry about me Evie, I have everything under control-- don't worry" Rafe says, his sentence followed by a chuckle as his hand moves to grab mine-- giving it a squeeze.

I noticed he did this often, when we would hold hands or even just be anywhere close to each other, he would grab ahold of my hand and squeeze it.

"I trust you Rafe-- I just see what it's done to my dad and you know-- I just wanna help you out before it gets out of control" I say, feeling his hand loosen from mine instantly at the sound of my words.

"I'm not some coked up addict Evie, I'm fine, I only use it-- I used to use it strictly at parties, nowhere else. I promise you, I'm fine. I should be the one looking after you" Rafe says, his words warming my heart as I exhale heavily.

"We'll look after each other" I hum, deciding to drop the topic and enjoy the rest of our time together before we get back to the Cut.

As per usual, Rafe parks further down from John B's driveway-- letting the car sit aside on the road as we say our goodbyes briefly.

"Call me later, let me know how Pope's birthday goes" Rafe says, grasping my chin to pull my face closer to his before he presses his lips against mine.

"Okay, call you later" I hum, giving him one last kiss before I get out of the car-- trudging towards the driveway of the chateau.

The can sits barely touched in my hand as I watch the others dance in front of the car-- JJ and John B are entwined in each others arms as they slow dance to the song blasting on the radio. Kie and I let out bursts of laughter as we watch them shamelessly make fools of themselves-- not caring that there were a few cars parked around us.

We arrived here just before sunset, catching it in time as the sky turned a beautiful pink and orange shade. It was a breathtaking view, I just couldn't help but fantasize about watching it with Rafe one day. I zone out as I take a sip from my can, making a mental note to toss it out soon before I watch as Pope approaches us.

"I'm gonna go break those two up, I've seen enough" Kie snorts out a laugh before she moves towards the two of them. I curse under my breath as Pope fills the spot Kie was once sitting in. I had wished him happy birthday earlier but haven't spoken a word to him since-- I hated that the air was stiff between us but it couldn't be ignored.

"Enjoying your birthday so far?" I question him, breaking the silence between us. He nods, sipping his beer before he nods his head towards the trio a few meters away from us.