1. "Take care of her."

Valerie Alston

I flipped over another page of my magazine, looking over through it. I looked at the other page, then flipped over to the next page. Same routine, but different articles about the cloths design. It's entertaining, really. Well, only if you love cloths as much as I do. Okay, yes it does get quite boring when I reread the same magazines, but that's because I don't really read it, I just look at the cloths.

I faintly heard a knock on my door, so I took one set of earbud out my ear only to hear another knock on my door. I sigh before I took off my earphones and got up from my bed, and walked over to my door. I opened it up, seeing my older brother Luke, standing in front of me with his arms crossed. I rolled my eyes at his presence.

"What do you want, Luke." I spat, crossing my arms just like he was.

"Dude, we're about to leave, why aren't you dressed?" He asked looking down at my sweats and tank top.

"Leave? Leave for what?" I asked furrowing my eyebrows.

"For the vampire gathering announcement! Don't tell me you forgot, we're leaving right now, dumby!" He shook his head rolling his eyes.

"Fuck." I muttered under my breath before I shut the door on his face and ran to my closet.

I totally forgot. I was too busy with Chelsea today I forgot about the gathering this night. And yes, Chelsea is a vampire too. She's my best friend, so she's going to be at the gathering as well. Why didn't she remind me?!

I quickly looked for a cosy outfit since it was pretty windy outside. Well of course it is, it's midnight for god sakes! We always have gatherings during midnight so people - which I mean humans - wouldn't find out about us.

I chose to wear a cream top with pieces of streps hanging on the bottom of the shirt, big baggy knitted cream cardigan, black leggings, and black toms.

After I changed into my outfit, I slipped on a cream beanie with a round ball on the top of the hat, and a cream infinity scarf. I also added silver feather shaped earrings and bunch of random bracelet on my left wrist.

After I changed, I brushed my teeth in my bathroom quickly. I grabbed my blue cross body bag that I always have with me and hung it over my shoulder. I unplugged my iPhone 5s from my charger, and safely put it inside my bag. I also put my magazine in my bag if I get bored, which I most likely will get.

I walked to my door and walked out my room. I went down stairs seeing my mom, dad, and two brothers down stairs already. My dad was pacing back and forth impatiently.

Once I grabbed their attention, my dad sigh in relief. "Let's go, everybody's already waiting for us." He said, leaving the house hurriedly.

I rolled my eyes at his behavior. You see, my dad is really important to the vampire community. He talks about the events and knows about everything. Every vampire knows him, even the werewolves. Every vampire knows me and respects me since I'm "daddy's daughter". But werewolves don't know me. Dad does everything he could so the werewolves won't recognized Dylan and I.

Dylan is my little 12 year old brother. Well, Luke as you all know is my older 18 year old brother. He's one of the strongest vampires, so when there's a fight between werewolves and vampires, he's always in. Dad is way stronger of course, so that's why he's very well known.

Me? I just want to be normal. I don't like this life, I don't like living like this. I never have. I hate how I have to worry if a vampire or one of my family members have gotten hurt from a fight, or if werewolves comes and trashes our gathering space. I just want to live as a normal teenage girl and worry about a pop quiz coming up, or homework I haven't finished and rush through it in the very last minute. But that'll never happen.