-Here is the first threatening letter he received, she announced, staring at Maddie. Then the second. And the third.

Eddie jumped up and hurried to seize it.

-"I would have what I wanted, I just have to be patient. The child has been returned, it's up to you to do what is right. » Why wasn't I aware of this letter there? He said, dropping it violently on the edge of the desk.

Athena blew, feeling every inquisitive look at her.

-According to him, it was filed at the same time as your son. I guess Buck just didn't want to worry you about that.

-Since yesterday he knows that he was going to be arrested, why this morning? Why not from the moment he denounced himself? Because that's what he did, isn't that Athena? When you both went out into the hallway while I was with Bobby inside, what did he tell you?

He clenched his fist and his words were hard and dry, his gaze darkening.

-He asked me to leave him a night to say goodbye. He wished me to be arrested this morning rather than yesterday so that he could spend some time with you.

Eddie lowered his head, feeling terribly weak all of a sudden. He cried in silence.

Evan had lied to him, and although it had no impact on the love he had for him, it had it on their relationship. He was going to go to prison for a long time, and he had not deigned to tell him.

-I know you're all angry with me and I'm sorry. I couldn't forgive myself for participating in his arrest. He did it to ensure that none of you are in danger in the future. He also thinks Francis will surrender. I don't agree with him.

Eddie gave Chimney a shoulder to make his way and left the office by slamming the door behind him, leaving a heavy atmosphere.

-Is it possible to see him? Hen asked, straightened up.

Athena shook her head.

-Only the family can talk to him.

- But we are his family, replied Chimney, taking a look at Captain Nash.

-I'm sorry Chim, but Maddie is the only person who can talk to him. Just for you to be aware, it is under video and microphone surveillance.

She pinched her lips and fluttered her eyes.

-I want to see him...

Two weeks later, the same people gathered in the lieutenant's office, this time Maddie was dressed. Eddie always had his gaze lost in the void. Athena had just spoken to the press in front of the cameras and everything had been rebroadcast on the small TV screen in the corner of the room.

-I'm sorry but I can't do anything anymore. They transport him to Bruncksville Penitentiary at night.

This announcement weighs down the already electric atmosphere in the small office, and Athena does not manage to cross the eyes of her friends.

All had attended the judgment, all knew that he had been acquitted for the death of Hector Jagger. Everyone knew that he had been convicted of falsifying evidence and manslaughter of the suicide convicted person. Nicolas Garcia's name had been mentioned so little that it seemed that the whole assembly was not against his disappearance. When the hammer last fell on the desk, the accused got up, took a look at his friends sitting a few rows away and tried to hold the spare parts of his heart crumbled, noticing that all were there except Eddie.

He had left the room silently, the tinkling of his handcuffs resounding like a midnight clock in Maddie's chest.

In the office, no one knew what to say. The judgment had just been rendered, and knowing that Buck was only a few meters from them in a cell and that in less than six hours he would be in an armored truck towards an iron cage inhabited by real criminals, killed them.

Eddie got up.

-I refuse to let it happen like that.

He went to the door, determined.

-Where are you going like that? Bobby asked, calling him.

He swallowed and turned around to observe the whole small assembly, who felt it was time for them to rest their hopes, even tiny ones, on the firefighter.

-I'm going to Argentina. Buck embarked on this misery to save a young girl from aggression. I'm going to find this girl and if necessary I will force her to come to Los Angeles to testify what happened. He will not mold in sheet metal for being afraid. Because in case some of you have not yet noticed it, he lives in constant fear of disappointing or betraying. That night he was afraid and did something stupid, but we don't condemn a person for stupidity.

Athena had crossed her gaze with her husband's.

-I'm coming with you.

Maddie had come forward without even consulting her companion who did not understand what was happening.

-I'm coming with you, she repeated, turning to the other four people in the room. I won't let someone I like languish in prison.

She leaned her head towards Eddie.

-We won't leave someone we love in prison.