At that precise moment he wanted to kill him. To explode his face on the window and beat him until he only has his eyes to cry. But he didn't have the strength. And he could never have done it.

-I'm not asking you how you're doing, you're already angry enough like that, he began.

If it had been a problem between them, for which he would have to apologize as for scratching his car, the small intention would have made him laugh, but it was his son. And he wasn't ready to laugh.

-Before you tried to make my skin, he continued, I want you to know that if I had known that it could impact you or your son, I would have told you about it right away.

-I forbid you to talk about my son. Because of you, he's not there and if something happens to him, don't even count on me to forgive you.

This promise hurt him, because after all he was indebted to him and he had not lied to him. Not talking about a secret is not a lie, everyone has the right to it, but from the moment his name was found involved, it was too late.

-I'm sorry Christopher got caught Eddie, but if you give me time I could ex...

He didn't have time to finish his sentence as he received a closed fist in his jaw. The pain twisted his mouth and he massaged his bone for a few seconds, a grimace on his face. Eddie didn't even falter.

-It's deserved, observed the blond, straightening up. I know you hate me right now, but I'll still explain what's going on. I owe you at least that.

Eddie raised his head, he didn't care if he was told. All he wanted was to stop lying to him and take him for a jerk. He wanted his son to be found.

-I received the first one a little less than a week ago, he began by sliding a sealed plastic pouch that contained a perfect copy of the letter and photograph. The second arrived yesterday morning. I discovered it on my way home.

He dragged the second letter, which was identical in all respects to the first except for the black and white photo.

-At first I thought it only concerned me and that I didn't have to worry, that it was just a bad joke. Until I saw this photo, he continued, pointing to the second one.

For the first time, Eddie lowered his eyes to the pictures, observing them for a few seconds before resting his black gaze on his colleague. At that moment they were only colleagues, he no longer knew what friendship was.

-Before I was a firefighter, I was looking to find my way by traveling around the world, I arrived in Argentina at the end of 2015. I became a bartender in a hut near the beach and stayed there for a year.

He turned his head towards the tinted glass and could easily guess the two faces that observed him on the other side, eager to know the true story. He swallowed.

-This photo dates from that time, I don't know when or who, but it was made in Argentina.

He blew and straightened up in his chair, looking at his friend, something he had not dared to do until now.

-I fled on December 14, 2016 and came to live in California. On the evening of December 13, I was returning home after a party and I made the wrong road. Passing through an alley I surprised men who were attacking a young woman. I fought with those men and stunned one. The second had a knife and while fighting, the roles were reversed and I injured him. Deadly. I became scared at that moment and created a staging so that suspicions would be on the other guy. I ran away the next day and while searching the internet, I discovered that the other guy had been arrested for the murder of Nicolas Garcia.

He turned his head to the window again and this time he was almost sure he had seen the outline of Bobby's shocked face and Athena's darkened face.