chapter two

a/n: hey! sorry it took so long, i've been busy with university stuff, ugh! but i'm here and here's the next chapter!
pls enjoy! leave any comments you have!
-mallory <3

"I know you do sweetheart, you're not exactly the most subtle."
Her words ring through my head as I start to think about the very first day that I arrived at the Coven, everything comes back to me, and I realize, she must have known the whole time.

I set my mom on fire by accident and my dad has sent me on a plane to New Orleans, apparently, I'm a witch and there's a coven in New Orleans that will help me with my powers. Why didn't I know this before?
I finally arrive in New Orleans and I'm standing outside a luxurious white mansion, it's beautiful. Before I can comprehend what's happening, the big black gates open and I walk towards the front door, allowing myself to knock.
The door opens to reveal a woman, her hair is blonde, and she has really pretty brown eyes.
"Welcome to Robichaux Academy." She smiles.
I immediately pull her into a hug.
"Oh!" She gasps, placing her arms around my waist. "You're a hugger." She says.
I apologize and pull away; I should have thought before hugging her.
"No, that's alright. I'm Cordelia." She smiles again.
"I'm Mallory." I smile back.
She's so beautiful, the way she smiles gives me butterflies.
"Let me show you around." She says, extending a hand for me to take, which I do without hesitation.
Wow, it feels so right, it feels like her hand was made to hold mine.
Mallory, I curse myself, get ahold of yourself, you met the woman five minutes ago.
She walks me up the stairs and explains about the Coven and how it was established as a premier girls finishing school in 1970, I find this information fascinating, but I fail to take any of it in, all I can feel is butterflies, her hand in mine is causing my brain to go crazy.
Is this what love at first sight feels like?

I'm snapped out of the flashback by a hand on my cheek, my brain registers that it's Cordelia's.
"Are you alright? You zoned out." She says with a laugh.
"Uh, y-yeah, I was just thinking about the first time I got here, did you know then?" I blush.
She looks at me and smiles, running her thumb over my cheek.
"I did, I don't know if you remember but I have the power to see inside people's minds when I touch them." She chuckles.
"I forgot, stupid ADHD." I curse myself.
Cordelia places her other hand on my other cheek and turns my face to look at hers so I'm making eye contact with her, it's odd because I really struggle with eye contact, but it feels so normal and natural with Cordelia.
"Sweetheart, it's okay to forget things. It's also okay that you have a crush on me because crushes are perfectly normal things to have, its not like you were very good at hiding it either." She laughs and it's like music to my ears.
"I thought I was good." I respond with a huff.
"If you think good is blushing every time I talk or walk into a room then maybe you should think again about what you're labelling as good." Cordelia says with a wink.
I sigh, I don't know what I'm supposed to think now, what am I supposed to say, she knows about my crush and obviously doesn't have a crush on me, because why would she.
I'm just me, and she's her, she's Cordelia Goode for gods' sake.
Before I can overthink anything else, I feel a pair of warm lips on my own.
It takes a moment for my brain to register who the lips belong to, but when I do, I begin kissing back.

"You shouldn't overthink everything, you are more than enough sweetheart. I think you're very beautiful so don't you ever think otherwise." She smiles, kissing my forehead gently.
I just sit and look at her with the most confused expression, how could someone like Cordelia like someone plain and boring like me. I'm nothing special, I know that, my mom used to tell me I wasn't special or worth anything everyday – that is until I set her on fire.
I'm broken from my thoughts by the feeling of Cordelia rubbing my hands.
"Delia. I have a question." I ask gently.
"What's your question, honey?" She replies, a gentle tone to her voice.
It almost makes me melt.
"I um, uh what happens between us now?" I rush out.
I'm so nervous, she's going to hate me, what if I ruined everything.
"Well, if you're okay with it, I would like to take you on a date." She smiles.
"I would love that so much, Cordelia." I smile back.
I'm going on a date with Cordelia Goode, oh my GOD. I'll have to talk to Madison because she's the queen of fashion and going on dates so she'll be able to calm me down.
I should probably go to bed if I'm going on a date in the morning.
As if reading my thoughts, Cordelia says "Meet me at the bottom of the stairs tomorrow night at 7pm, you should go to sleep, sweetheart, it's getting late." She smiles.
"Okay. See you tomorrow." I smile, standing up and making my way to the door.
"Good night darling, sleep well." She smiles before placing a kiss on my forehead.

I walk out and go into my bedroom; I know I'm going to have amazing dreams tonight. I can't even believe it's real. My brain refuses to believe it happened.