joker

In a rush, I snatched the card from my locker and hurried to the cafe where Finn and Xochitl were supposed to be waiting. As I entered the cold room, I searched for them but couldn't find them anywhere. Until I realised that they were only coming in another 20 minutes.

I turned around to exit the door when I bumped into someone, and my face was pressed against their chest. The feeling of suffocation overwhelmed me as I drew back and looked up, only to find myself face to face with him once again.

Lorenzo's pov

The silence hung heavily between us as she remained frozen, gazing at me without saying a word.

"Are you in awe of my charm and good looks?" I joked, attempting to lighten the mood and break the tension.

"What are you even talking about? Good looks are subjective. If I were a cockroach, what would that make you?" 

Her response was harsh as she compared me to a cockroach, but I wasn't easily deterred. As she stormed out, I couldn't resist chasing after her, hoping to continue our banter.

I noticed her holding a familiar item—a joker card. "I see you got my message," I said, trying to sound cheerful, but her sadness was evident. She expressed frustration about the trouble I had brought upon her with those girls and how her phone was now broken.

I felt a pang of sympathy as I stood there, realising that my actions had unintended consequences for her. 

Reader's pov

I turned away from him, trying to hide my sadness, but a tear escaped and streamed down my cheek. I knew I had to brush it off; it was just a minor setback. I quickly texted Finn, letting him know I couldn't make it when I realised that my phone wouldn't even turn on. 

With a heavy heart, I placed my phone into my pocket. As I began to walk home, I suddenly found myself enveloped in darkness. A bag was placed over my head, I was fucking terrified.