First Days

Leaving practice was a bonus for Raelle. Happy to leave and get everything ready before taking a fat ass nap is something that she adores about the student-athlete schedules. You have a shit load of time between classes—that is if you chose it that way—and you have some night classes. But with the career course that the blonde wants to go to, the only time-space she has is right after practice. Three hours and she's off to her first class, Nursing 101, not ten minutes after it's English, and goes on from there with the next two classes. The next four classes she has tomorrow morning since they just have afternoon practice; Alder has meetings all day so Anacostia will just be helping them go through one practice then it's off to the races for hell the day after.

Walking into her dorm she hears no one there, thank you lord, and instantly starts to pack her school supplies for her first class in three hours. Notebooks, pencil case, laptop, iPad, two portable chargers, and charging cables. Everything was packed into her Hershel backpack and ready to grab and go. Hopping into bed, she set an alarm forty-five minutes before class starts so she has fifteen to change her clothes, fix her hair, and eat something small before heading off to her class across campus. (This fucking campus is huge though, it'll take at least fifteen to get there anyway. Another fifteen to do whatever she wants before heading to class on time.)

She wondered where her brunette beauty was, but it was the first day of school, so of course, she knew that she'd probably be in class or something. Hopefully, she won't have any homework on the first day, Raelle internally feared.

God, did she hate the devil's work, homework. She's not even at home?! What's the point of it when half the time it isn't even going to count in the final for you to pass, what's the point?

Homework and she have a hate-love relationship. But studying, well, it's just a hateful relationship. Having to remember stupid stuff for the class is something she always hated but did anyway so that she could go to a good school with an academic and sports scholarship.

Even though she was a jock at her school, being an inspiration was another for the younger kids in middle school or elementary. They adored her for being runner-up for valedictorian and being the number-one Lacrosse player in their small town.

Even better than the boys?! Raelle once heard a little girl talking with her friends after a big win against their town rivals. Though they're both good teams, none could beat Raelle and her teammates; With the relationship they had, it was no surprise that they were state champions for two years straight.

Hopefully, they won't let me down, she told herself before falling asleep peacefully on her side, hands tucked under her face, and legs curled under her.

***

Time passed by faster than she hoped. Her alarm went off and Raelle groaned at the intruding noise.

"Shut the fuck up," Raelle complained and snatched her phone off her nightstand and pressed the Stop button before groaning into her pillow again and sitting up.

Her mouth opened in a fat yawn, rubbing the sleep out of her eyes, Raelle blinked before carefully getting off her bed and stalking towards the bathroom.

"Morning sunshine," A voice boomed behind her.

Jumping in fright, Raelle screamed, "Ah! What the fuck!?" Turning around, Scylla was there laying on her back with a book in her lap. "Are you fucking kidding me?!"

Laughing in sheer delight, Scylla was bent over her side and clutching her stomach in pain and butterflies. Her laugh wasn't going unnoticed by the blonde athlete.

"I-I'm sorry," The brunette said through her tears. "But you were asleep while I came back to the dorm and I didn't wanna wake you. Your alarm went off ten minutes later and I couldn't help but scare you."