𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 1

Start from the beginning

"She's running scared. What she did to Jenna was desperate. She's out of tricks." Damon said, angrily.

"We can't underestimate her." Stefan said, shaking his head "We have to play this smarter than her."

"Can we just give her the moonstone so she'll leave?" Caroline asked. She wanted to just go on and live the human life she was supposed to live.

"No, Katherine's not getting dick. I've had it. I'm gonna go to the masquerade ball and I'm gonna kill her, tonight."

"You're not gonna kill her." Stefan argues.

"Don't give me that goody-goody crap." Damon spat out.

"You're not gonna kill her."

"Really?" Damon questioned, letting out a humorless  laugh.

"Because I am." Stefan said, looking up at his brother with a determined look.

♥♥♥

"Do you see her?" Damon questioned his brother as they walked up to the entrance of the Lockwood's mansion.

"Nope." Stefan said, shaking his head "You're sure you can do this?" He asked Damon.

"Who are you talking to?" Damon questioned with an raised eyebrow.

"Oh, I had the chance to kill her and I hesitated."

"Well that is the fork in the road between you and me my friend." Damon said, leaning in "I don't hesitate." He kind of whispered.

"You spent 145 years loving her, it could happen." Stefan said with a shrug.

"I won't hesitate." Damon reassured.

❥❥❥

"Dance with me." Katherine said, appearing behind Stefan on the dance floor. He had already seen her walking down the stairs from a long distance.

"No." He refused.

"Fine," she said with a shrug "then tell me who I should kill. Him?" She asked as she looked around "Hmm, she looks delicious." She said, grabbing an apple and eating it. Stefan offered her his arm which she automatically took and followed him. Wrapping his arms around her waist and her arms around his neck they start dancing. "It's a beautiful night." Katherine commented.

"Why the charade?" Stefan questioned, ignoring her comment.

"How's Jenna?" She asked, a smirk playing on her face "I certainly didn't expect her to survive that. Lucky girl. Clumsy. How does one stab oneself?"

"Katherine?" He called, getting a hum in question. "I don't want anyone to get hurt tonight." Stefan told her.

"Okay. Then give me the moonstone and nobody will." Katherine told him simply.

"Well, you see, I don't have the moonstone on me. So, you and I will have to go get it together."

"Hmm. I have a better plan. You go fetch it and I will try not to kill anyone in the meantime." Katherine told him.