Chapter 11

“Why are you throwing a tantrum for no reason?” He Xiaoxu called Yu Qianxi to the break room and closed the door, doing his job to try his best to convince Yu Qianxi. “Didn’t you see that Qi Zui was already being very polite? Thankfully, Coach Lai wasn’t present. Otherwise, if he saw you dying so easily during solo, wouldn’t he scold you to death? Are you looking for a scolding in front of the newcomer?”

“Don’t they scold me often enough?” Yu Qianxi lowered his head as he played with his phone, scoffing. “The newcomer? If it weren’t because of me, would he be able to enter the team? Oh, I can’t call him a newcomer anymore, he’s not going to be one soon.”

He Xiaoxu did not understand. “I… I still don’t understand what’s going on with you till now. You’ve been like this since last night. What exactly are you feeling?”

“Fine, let’s be completely honest.” Yu Qianxi tossed his phone, smiling coldly at He Xiaoxu. “Why would Qi Zui recruit a substitute player out of nowhere? Who’s he supposed to substitute for?”

He Xiaoxu laughed. “You think that Youth is here to be your substitute?”

Yu Qianxi asked. “If not?”

Yu Qianxi laughed self-deprecatingly. “Lao Kai? Even though his natural talent is only so-so, since he’s hardworking and doesn’t try to snatch the spotlight, Qi Zui and Lai Hua like him.”

“Bu Nana? Ha… that’s even more impossible. He is Qi Zui’s old teammate. Qi Zui himself had once said in an interview that his relationship with Bu Nana was not the same as with everyone else.”

“They’re both Qi Zui’s close pawns. Qi Zui definitely cannot bear to chase them away, right? Then who else can it be?” Yu Qianxi had been holding back his anger for too long. Once he started, he could not stop. He stared at He Xiaoxu and smiled scornfully. “Unless… the Light of eSports, the Right Hand of God has finally decided to retire?”

“Shut up!” He Xiaoxu was extremely angry. “Are you crazy?!”

“Look.” Yu Qianxi spread out his hands. “I can’t even mention him. All the sponsors the team attracts is due to him. Yes, he even plays a part in our livestreaming contracts… You’re also aware that none of those three can stop playing. So who’s left?”

“I entered the team late. It’s only been half a year, and I’m definitely not like the two of them. They were hand-picked by Qi Zui. When Lai Hua scolded me that time, didn’t he say it too?” Yu Qianxi smiled darkly and coldly. “If it wasn’t for the fact that the previous team member had retired quickly, and they really could not find a suitable person, they wouldn’t have picked me no matter what.”

“Coach Lai said that in a fit of anger! Also, do you not remember what you did at that time?” He Xiaoxu could not stand listening to him anymore, and said angrily, “Do you need me to remind you? You only applied for three days of leave at that time, but you went out and delayed coming back for almost a week!”

He Xiaoxu stood up, turning a circle to walk back and look at Yu Qianxi, suppressing his anger. “Do you not know how to compare this aspect of yourself to Qi Zui? Ah? At least you have holidays! Look at Qi Zui! Besides for the New Year holiday when he returned home for a few days, has he ever left the club’s grounds? Has he ever had a holiday for these past few years?!”

“Of course I can’t compare to him,” Yu Qianxi said mockingly. “He only trains for four to five hours a day, and he might not even livestream once per month. And even if he livestreams, it’s because you guys cry and beg for him to livestream. What about me? I’m fucking tired! All I did was livestream for a few more hours and I was scolded by Qi Zui and Lai Hua!”