028- mediums & sources

Start from the beginning

you felt a weird buzzing at the back of your neck. on instincts, you span around with your katana, slicing the curse that popped out of the ground in half neatly. realization dawned on you....

you didn't have your gum.

bright side? you will know where every curse will be before they get there. downside? you will know where every curse will be before they get there.

luckily, these curses were pretty small and would probably just be annoying. but you don't know what's the source of these smaller curses, which could probably be something bigger. bigger curse equals painful curse reaction.

'fuck me.'

you flicked the curse goo off your katana and faced the boy you kiss every once in a while. "everything is moving very fast, and i'm not liking it... the fuck are you gawking at?"

his eyes were practically glazed over, lips slightly apart, admiring how
amazing you looked giving evil. megumi cleared his throat, unable to stop himself from blushing at your smirk. "yeah, uhm. yeah."

then, a curse ran right past you and into the wall through another portal. yuuji was chasing after it.

"should i..?"

"KEEP AFTER IT!" megumi yelled, attacking more of the curses that popped up. you were battling your own.

"MAKE SURE NOBARA IS OKAY! GO!"

"okay." yuuji answered you. "BUT IF YOU GET IN TROUBLE, YOU BETTER GET YOUR ASS OUT TOO!" he slid into the portal, leaving as quickly as he came.

you and megumi worked together, slicing cursed left and right while keeping an eye on each other's backs. after what felt like an hour, megumi sliced the last one.

"why isn't the barrier dropping? was that not the main body?" he wiped the sweat off his forehead and flicked goo off his sword.

"that was too easy. there's definitely more to come."

you had never had wanted to be more wrong in your life.

remember the ugly ass curse from the detention center? the one that led you straight to koh the face stealer? the one that aided in yuuji's death? the ugly ass one?

yeah... he's back.

he barely gave you a second to react before sending a yellow beam towards megumi. skillfully, he dodges and blocks whatever could have still touched him with his sword. it snapped in half.

ignoring the loud sirens in your head, you ran up to the curse and swiftly turned, ending up behind him. you jumped in the air to decapitate him, but he was quick. he turned around and created a beam. still in air, you dodged the beam by releasing energy lIke a jet from your right foot. you grabbed his head, and kneed him with an extra push of purple flames. it made the most terrifying, bone-shattering screech.

before you could drop back to the floor, it grabbed your ankle, burning its way through your uniform cargo pants and to your skin. it felt like you dunked your leg in boiling rubber. you bit back a scream, covered your hands in purple and white flames, and held his head. a stamina match, who would outburn the other?

it continued to screech. your assumption that it was only to burst its enemy's eardrums, and not because he was in pain. before you two could find out who would bring the other to ashes, nue attacked the curse, allowing you to go free.

you were back to megumi's side. he gave you a quick glance that translated to "are you okay?", but in reality, you weren't. your skin was still bubbling, blood trailing out of your pores. the only reason why you haven't collapsed yet is because of adrenaline. and yet, your body shook violently. you had exerted a large, concentrated amount of energy trying to burn his skull, which only left a few marks and cracks.

and your head hurt so much, it was dizzying. it was foolish to think you could kill some huge curse without your gum.

you weren't able to think clearly, and the curse took advantage of that, sending an enormous beam towards you, one that you wouldn't be able to dodge, even if you were fully conscious.

but you'd never go down without a fight. you put up a wall of blessed energy as a shield as megumi jumped to cover your body with his own. the beam hit you both, blessed energy keeping the laser off of you physically, but the sheer force of it pushed the two of you into the wall, knocking you and megumi out cold.

°°°

"megumi, what does your technique use as a medium." gojo asked, popping the crack in his neck.

"shadows. darkness." megumi adjusted his seated position in the mat, bring his right knee closer to his chin.

"great." gojo smiled, "now what does your's use, (y/n)?"

his question snatched your attention from the white dojo windows. "light."

"two sides of the same coin. polar opposites, yet one cannot exist without the other."

"so what does that mean?" megumi pondered, suddenly more interested in the conversation.

smirking, he answered, "it means... that you two could benefit from each other."

"how so?" you asked, making eye contact with the boy next to you who was just as confused as you were.

your sensei smiled, sliding his round sunglasses down his nose bridge to look at you two clearly. "well, it's time i teach you both how to do domain expansion... together."

°°°

"(y/n)?" megumi whispered to your body. your sharp inhale confessed that you were awake. "let's do it."

your eyelids tore away, revealing questioning eyes to the boy. after a few seconds, you realized what he meant. "i mean, i'm pretty sure we're gonna die anyway." you shrugged, getting on your feet.

"yeah, i know."

"you suicidal maniac, you didn't even deny." your voice was barely above a whisper as your body screamed for you to stop moving.

"it'll be fine. as long as you're here," megumi took another deep breath, steadying himself. "it'll all be fine." he slid his warm hand in yours, making a concoction of dirt and blood in your hands. and after a few seconds, he smirked.

now, you were suffering from a bit of blood loss, but that little smirk made you feel a little something-something in your belly.

i mean, feral emo boy? the blood just adds to the beauty.

"OH WHAT THE HELL!"

'fuck. that was hot. how do i even top that? did he plan this?'

he formed his hand into a claw, mimicking half of his hand movements for chimera shadow garden. the veins in his body pulsed with raw energy, you took it as a cue to do the same. you created half of a cage with your free hand, your movements for crystal prison.

you both announced your separate domain expansions simultaneously, the powerful words bouncing off the walls of the cave.

the energy was overwhelming. nothing you've ever felt before, and yet, it felt so right. every single pain that was in your body evaporated to nothingness. you were whole, complete. and so was megumi. you wondered if this is what gojo felt when he used his abilities: pure bliss. all that mattered was you and him.

and power never felt so fucking good.

*