Chapter Nine

CW: Fear, manipulation, panic, blood, death

———————————————————————

~Dream POV~

2-B gasps. "H-He's... H-He's sleeping! Come back later!" He yells at me as he pulls 1-T closer to him.

"And what will you do if I don't?" I say, getting closer.

"Don't... Don't come any closer!! Don't!!" He screams, shaking, holding him even closer somehow, and squeezes his eyes shut. I get closer. Long ropes of ivy appear in random positions, making a wall between them and me. I gasp and stagger backwards slightly. Some are normal, and some are... Blue.

"... Hmm..." I hum, sitting on the opposite end of the bed. 2-B looks up at me.

"I-I told you! Just leave us alone!" He shouted, eyes glowing.

"And I didn't think you were capable of it... Much less a defensive structure this complicated..." I say, impressed. He just looks confused. "Impressive... Why haven't you done this before? It's not like I haven't given you adequate cause."

"You... You told me to be careful..."

"... Of course. ... Hmm..." I then touch one of the normal ivy ropes. It disappears as I do, and I take four damage. "You do more damage than 1-T, even without training or practice. That's very intriguing."

"Y... Yeah, you... You stay away from us! Or, or... Or I-I'll... I'll make you! Stay away!!" He closes his eyes tightly again, shaking more.

I get rid of 6 of them, half causing 3 damage, the other half causing 4. "I'll have to look into this later." I use my blue magic to take 1-T with me.

"No! No, don't!" 2-B screams, reaching out to try and grab him.

"Now..." I hold him up to me. "... How long has he been unconscious?"

"He... He wouldn't wake up when the lights came on."

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"I-I was scared you'd get mad, or you'd hurt him. I-I thought I could fix it, but-"

"Hmm... No apparent sign of injury..." I say, beginning to walk out.

"What's wrong with him? Are you going to fix him? Can I come with you? Please, let me come with you! He'll be scared when he wakes up. Please, I can help you-"

"It could be a side effect..." I say, ignoring his pleas. "I'll have to run some tests..." I then leave the cell.

"Please! I can help! Don't go! Don't..."

I continue to walk away.

"... Don't leave me here alone..."

—————————————————————

~1-T POV~

"... Ow..." I groan, slowly opening my eyes.

"Are you awake?" He asks.

"Ugh, I guess. My head hurts. What happened?"

"You were unconscious for an unclear period of time. You appear to be uninjured, so I believe it was stress related." He takes a sip of his drink.

"Stress, huh? Wonder how that happened. Maybe the lasers getting shot into my eyes all the time? Heh. Just a thought."

"Well, I see it's had no effect on your attitude. More's the pity."

"Hey, maybe less stress would fix that too, huh? Maybe cut back on all the torturing and stuff? Could be worth a try, you know."

He puts his hand up to cut me off. "Enough." He says. "If you're awake, you can go back to your cell. I'm sure Subject 2 is very anxious for your return."