A tough old woman, Chaeyoung thinks.

Setting jokes aside, Chaeyoung can feel how Ryujin's being careful with her every move, not being too sweet towards her wife but not rejecting the advances too, obviously.

On her side, Chaeyoung can hear how Jisu sighs each time Yuri does something sweet to her wife.

It was so awkward that Chaeyoung finally does something about it to lighten up the mood. She was about to open her mouth to talk to Jisu, maybe distract her with anything when Ryujin speaks first.

"Chaeyoung-ah, can I talk to you for a moment?" Ryujin gestures to the entrance. "It's about the animation project."

"Oh. Sure." Chaeyoung stands up, acknowledging Yuri and Jisu. "Excuse us."

The two women nod. Ryujin walks out first, and Chaeyoung follows.

She's sure this isn't about the animation project.

---

"Can you please drive her home later?" Ryujin looks up at the dark sky and huffs.

"Who? Jisu?" Chaeyoung asks, glancing inside the dining hall. "What if she says no?"

"Tell her I told you to drive her home. She may need a little persuading, but she'll give in."

"Okay." Chaeyoung takes a good look at her friend. "Hey. Are you okay?"

"I'm not. Tell me, how can I relax there?"

"Yeah. I was about to ask you that. Did you and Jisu agree to this?"

"No. We haven't talked since Yuri's grandma got hospitalized." Ryujin brings a hand to her nape. "I knew Yuri's planning to invite her, but I didn't expect Jisu would come."

"You didn't want her to come?"

"Well, I wanted to see her..." Ryujin glances inside. "But not in this way. I don't want to hurt her."

"Well, she seems to be good at playing it cool."

Ryujin shakes her head. "I don't know, man. I have a bad feeling about this night. And what's worse is I won't be able to talk to Jisu until tomorrow." She runs her fingers through her hair. "Argh. Dammit. This is so hard!"

"To Yuri and Ryujin, who both have been hands-on in taking care of me," Yuri's grandma's voice caught their attention. "Thank you both."

Ryujin turns to look at the stage. Her face rearranges into a smile before she waves a hand.

"If there's one wish I want for my granddaughter's birthday," the old woman continues, eyes shifting to Yuri, "it's for them to have a kid before I depart this world."

The crowd cheered. Ryujin's hand stops waving. Chaeyoung can see the blood getting drained out of her friend's system.

Yuri, on the other hand, laughs and stands up. She approached the stage and hugged her grandma.

"Don't you worry, grandma," Yuri says into the mic, "Ryujin and I already plan that. It'll come sooner than you have expected."

Okay. That is awkward.

Chaeyoung can see how Ryujin's caught off-guard. Her friend still manages to raise a thumb, not wanting to let down the entire family who are looking at her.

It was Ryujin's cue to step back in when her wife called her onto the stage.

Chaeyoung glances at their table and sees Jisu leaving.

That's her cue to leave as well.

---

"Thank you. But I'm okay. I'll just take a cab outside." Jisu turns away, declining Chaeyoung's offer to drive her home. She wipes her eyes with the heel of her hand as she walks out of the area.