Chapter 15

"Hold it!" Yuna shouted as the elevator doors were about to close.

Luckily, her plea was heard, and the doors opened again.

She steps into the elevator, seeing a lone passenger inside, a slightly taller woman, holding the door button for her.

"Thanks." she smiles, settling at the back to have a better view of her fellow passenger.

"Floor?" the woman looks at her, gesturing to the floor panel.

Yuna sees the 9th floor already pressed. "Ah. Same floor."

"Cool." the woman smiles and turns away.

That's when Yuna took that opportunity to check out the other woman.

Dark pants, a pair of oxfords, and gray long sleeves.

Charming, she thinks. This woman reminds Yuna of her unnie's exes. And now that she thinks about it, if this woman lives on the same floor as her sister, then setting them up won't be a bad idea.

She giggles inside, imagining how her unnie would react if she finds out about this hot neighbor of hers.

But Yuna's heart shrinks when she glimpses the wedding band on the woman's finger.

She sighs. Tough luck.

While they ascend, the woman does something causing Yuna to raise an eyebrow: she takes off her wedding ring and pockets it.

Okay. This is interesting.

Yuna looks around, distracting herself, trying her best not to smile.

The doors finally open up to their floor. The woman holds the button for them.

"After you." she gestures for Yuna to go first.

Yuna acknowledges the kindness with a nod and a smile. She wouldn't blame the third party (whomever he or she is) for falling for this person.

Even Yuna herself is enthralled.

Wanting to find out which unit the woman is heading to, Yuna goes in the opposite direction and walks back around, so she can follow discreetly.

And her interest is piqued when she realizes the woman lives near her unnie's unit.

The heart stops beating when the woman stands in front of her sister's door, fixing her shirt after pressing the buzzer.

A smiling Jisu greets the woman. Yuna's eyes almost popped out of their sockets when her sister tiptoes a bit for a chaste kiss, surprising the taller woman.

She can't believe this is happening!

Her sister then reaches out for the taller's hand to pull her inside. That's when Yuna decides to step in.

"Unnie!" she shouts, startling the two women. She won't let it happen. No. not with her sister.

"Yuna? What are you doing here?" Jisu asks, surprised.

Her unnie's words went past her ears as she flounced her way to the woman.

"How dare you!" she shoves the woman, causing the latter to step back. "Of all the people, why my sister!"

The woman defends herself with her arms. "Look, it's not--"

And before the woman can even finish her sentence, Yuna smacks her right into the eye.

---

"You could have talked to me first about it instead of confronting Ryujin like that." Jisu sighs in disappointment.

"I know. I’m sorry. I reacted without thinking." Yuna says, watching her sister press a cold pack against her soulmate's cheek.

Yeah. How is she supposed to know that her sister finally found her soulmate in the form of this hot-elevator-girl? Who, by the way, is already married to somebody.

"We're just lucky you missed Ryujin's eye, Yuna-ah. I hope this will disappear soon." Jisu inspects the bruise on Ryujin's cheek.

"Hey. It's okay. Yuri is on an international flight. They will have a few days overlay before they fly back here." Ryujin takes hold of the pack. "I’m sure this won't be as noticeable by that time."

"And what if she video calls you?"

"I can make up excuses. She knows how clumsy I am; stubbing my toe often, hitting my face with the door. This is normal."

Jisu finally sits on the couch, still shooting glares at Yuna. Yuna was about to say something, but Ryujin spoke first.

"Hey, stop being mad at your sister. I would do the same if I was in her shoes. It's not her fault. She was just trying to protect you."

Yuna smiles. She's starting to like this woman now.

"Fine." Jisu flicks her eyes to Yuna. "Why did you drop by here again, unannounced?"

"Mom asked me to bring you some food since you won't be visiting for the weekend." Yuna points at the packed food on the table. "I was planning to do a surprise visit, hoping to catch you doing something funny."

"Doing something funny, like what?"

"Remember last time when I caught you and Yeji unnie fooling around here?" Yuna chuckles at the memory. "That was so funny! I remember how you two tried to get dressed quickly." She's slapping her thighs now.

Ryujin turns to look at Jisu, who clears her throat uncomfortably.

And Yuna can sense the air getting heavy.

"But that was last year!" she waves her hands frantically, sensing the silent exchange between the two women across her. "I know they have already called it off a few months back. Right, unnie?"

Jisu nods and forces a smile.

Ryujin stares at Jisu for a little longer, one hand still pressing the cold pack to her cheek. Her face finally softens. She reaches out to pull the other woman closer, kissing the top of her head. Jisu responds by wrapping her arms around Ryujin's waist.

Yuna softens at that and doesn't notice she's smiling again. Her unnie had several exes before, but this is the first time Yuna had seen Jisu look at someone in that way--like she's the most beautiful thing that's ever happened in her life.

She couldn't believe the ordeal the two were facing after they explained to her the whole situation. And like them, she doesn't have a clue about what they are supposed to do.

How she wishes things could have just been simpler and easier for her sister and her soulmate.

But being a soulmate-believer herself, Yuna knows the spirits have better plans for these two.

"Again, I want to apologize for my actions earlier. I’m sorry for doing that." She stands up and bows. "I also want you to know that despite the situation you're in, I am not against this relationship of yours. You have all my support. I trust the spirits will eventually give you answers on how you'll deal with... Ryujin unnie's wife..."

Ryujin looks at Jisu, grinning. "Did you hear that? She's calling me unnie now!"

Jisu smiles sweetly. She leans into Ryujin's neck and mouths a 'thank you' to Yuna.

Yuna smiles back. "But how did you two find each other again? You said you met at the resort and then ignored each other."

"Remember that red rope manhwa you showed me before?" Jisu asks. "I left a comment there hoping Ryujin would read it."

"Left a comment there?" Yuna looks confused.

"Ryujin here is part of Team Sonjinnie."

"What!" Yuna's eyes widened. She looks at Ryujin. "Unnie's not kidding, is she?"

"She's not." Ryujin picks her phone and shows Yuna her wallpaper, which is a drawing of the story's main character: Julia. "I do the character design and the actual drawing of each panel. My friend, Chaeyoung, is the overall writer of the plot, events, and dialogues."

The next thing happening is Yuna jumping onto the couch across, squealing and hugging Ryujin tightly.