→ Donald Clarke- Sunglassses in a Cloudy Weather ←

Start from the beginning

The entire room was silent aside from the snickers coming from the whole class. The only thing my teacher can do was try and resolve the problem. "Now, now, I was just trying to make a playful exa--"

"A playful example where you degrade your students?"

Before Mrs. Wolowitz unleashed her own fury, the lunch bell made its ringing sound. Right on time, I thought as I clean our presentation up. "Thank you so much for listening to our presentation. I hope you all learned something from at least the things my partner discussed." I said as I took my stuff with me right before I left this ridiculous class.

As I made my way to the doorway, I saw someone staring at me from the corner of my eye. All I could do was ignore it. It wasn't that uncomfortable, I didn't mind at all.

What I do mind is the growling of my stomach.

****

Throughout the day, my eyes were slowly becoming my biggest insecurity.

I found myself having a conversation with my homeroom teacher, Mr. Schneebly with regards to the thing that happened back at Mrs. Wolowitz's class. He told me, that all my excuses were just defence mechanisms and all that crap about just apologizing to her.

I officially lost my respect for these teachers  as soon as I reached my house, meeting up with my mother by the doorway. "The school called." She stated with an unamused face. "Said you were making a face to Mrs. Wolowitz, rolling your eyes like you know better than her."

"I haven't even entered house and you're already scolding me about that." I sighed before walking past her. How typical of you.  I internally added.

Just as I thought I could just stop listening to her, she started following me up the stairs. "I never taught you how to be rude! Wherever did you learn how to act this way?" She interrogated.

"I was thinking of what to answer to her questions. Just because I look up at the ceiling, doesn't mean I'm trying to be rude." I calmly retorted. Thank goodness, she stopped following me once we were done with the stairs. "Besides, she's the one who started it. If you don't believe me, go ahead and ask the whole class."

Once I reached my room, I gently closed the door. Not being able to stop, I pursed my lips and blinked away the tear that was begging to slip out.

It wasn't my fault I have slow-blinking, tired eyes that make it look like I'm being rude. I can't just always blink violently. What am I supposed to do? Not blink like a bloody doll?

****

Donald's POV

The next day had come to light without me noticing. I only realized it was the next morning when I looked up from my drawing.

I had a surge of motivation to enlarge the rough mini portrait I made yesterday amidst in Mrs. Wolowitz's class. It wasn't intended to be a stalker move, but I started drawing my classmate, Y/N L/N that time. Her character was intriguing to me that I couldn't help but draw her.

"Well, well, what do we have here?" The sudden impact of my brother jumping onto my bed whilst doing his tie almost got me to mess up. Fortunately, I got my pencil away from the sketch. "Oi! Careful!" I scolded before continuing.

I wasn't in the mood to go to school, so I decided to skip. The only perk I get from it was that my parents let me get away with it.

"Hey! It's Y/N!" He exclaimed after examining my drawing.

I looked at him, puzzled. "You know her?" I can't help but question him.

"I've bumped into her a couple of times when going home from school," he replied. "Y/N lives a couple of houses away from us."