EarthMix: Agents on Loop

Agent E & M get stuck in a time loop. Will they find out how to escape and find out the feelings they have for each other?

❗MC: Earth Pirapat, Mix Sahaphap
❗bxb, science fantasy, action, slight-angst(?)
❗TW // killing, blood, death

-----------------------------------------------------------

Morning in an industrial loft belongs to E, who decided to live together with his agent partner, M. They’ve been working together for 4 years now, and they’re pretty known as an inseparable skilled duo. E puts down the breakfast he just made and two empty plates on the table, while M is pouring coffee into their mugs.

M sighs, “Fried sausages, again? You know that sausages can be cooked in various ways, right?”

E stands with arms akimbo, “Red sausages must be fried. Must be cut into pieces. Crispy on the outside, soft on the inside. The color of the red sausages must be brown, not pink. Only then will they taste good.”

“Are you done?” M said with his palm face, unfazed.

“Yes.”

“Now just sit and eat.”

In the middle of their meal, their boss, Arm Weerayut who is known as Agent A calls them. E snaps his finger, commands their AI to answer the call. Their boss’s face shows up in a hologram.

“A new case for you, Agent E, Agent M. Name, Patra. Age, 47. The year 2021.”

Besides A shown files of Case X0541, all pieces of information related.

M puts down his empty mug, “Wait, wasn’t it the Pandemic era? Ugh, we should bring masks then.”

E furrows his eyebrows, “seriously? You know that was 20 years ago, right?”

“It’s not about immunity, duh. We should blend in like normal people in that year. You’re not a newbie, E”, M rolls his eyes.

A clears his throat, “save your bickering for later, please. You both sounded like an old married couple.”

“WE’RE NOT A COUPLE!” said E and M out loud.

Their boss snorts, “Yet. I mean, yeah all I care is you get this job done quickly. Understand? You’re dismissed.”

The call ends. M gets up to put the dishes into the dishwasher. The agents wear their black suits, glasses, and clear (almost invisible) free-strap masks.

“We’ll still stand out cause our masks are way different than the ones in 2021”, E shows pictures of people wearing what they called surgical masks back then on his two-millimeters thick, crystal clear phone. “Here, look. Blend in my ass. You know nothing either.”

M scoffs, “yeah yeah, just buy those later.”

Agent E picks up the black suitcase filled with guns, memory erasers, and other necessities, including gold bars. Agent M picks up another black suitcase, the time machine that will bring them back and forth. It doesn't need a manual setting because it is integrated with their AI. The former’s other hand holds both the time machine and the latter’s hand. 

Within the blink of an eye, they arrive in front of a white-painted house. It was said that their target was last seen here. While E waits, M goes to a minimarket nearby to buy masks.

"I know I'm handsome but people need to stop staring at me", M hands out a white mask to E.

"You wear full suits and a mask they’ve never seen before; of course they would stare at you.”