𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞

Start from the beginning

Even though they're only a few years younger than me, I love these kids. I can't believe the effort they put into making me feel welcome here. It's something I never felt before coming to this school...

Gojo then wraps his arm around your shoulder and turns to his three students. "Time to go," he says, "I've got a job for the four of you."

A few seconds later, you arrive with Gojo and the students at some sort of daycare. Except there's absolutely nobody around and all of the lights are shut off.

"Hey, where are all the kids?" Yuuji asks as he walks towards the building and peers in a window.

"Everyone evacuated a little awhile ago, claiming that weird things were going on within the building," Gojo explains.

"That means curses, right?" you ask seriously.

"Bingo!"

"So then, what grade?" Megumi asks, to which Gojo smirks.

"The four of you will do well if you work as a team," he eventually remarks.

You sigh at the implications of his words. "You're not coming in again?"

"No," he replies plainly. "The four of you need to learn how to go about things on your own without me doing all the work for you."

"All the work?!" you mutter, "You never do the work."

At the sound of your smart comment, he grabs you by the back of your neck and pulls you close to him. You watch with wide eyes as your three teammates walk into the building, getting a head start.

Gojo leans down to your ear, his lips hovering just above your skin. "You know that isn't true, Y/N," he teases.

Your face heats up at his words. You're so glad the three others have gone.

"Well then," he hums as he lets you free, "good luck, Y/N. I'll wait for you out here."

"Yeah, okay," you say as you shoo him off. "The four of us will be fine. I don't need your luck."

The last thing you hear from outside is Gojo's laughter until the door shuts behind you. You begin to walk in and look around for the others, calling out to them but getting absolutely no response.

You then turn back around and run to the front entrance. The handles to the doors are gone. You call out to Gojo as you bang on the doors but to no avail. That's when you hear Kugisaki's scream ring out.

Immediately you take off in the direction of her voice. You run deeper into the daycare to ultimately find Kugisaki sitting against a wall covered in blood.

"Kugisaki!" you shout as you slide on your knees before her. "Are you okay? Can you stand?"

"I don't think so," she replies with a huff of air as she attempts to adjust herself. "My leg's broken I think."

"Okay," you say, attempting to stay cool under the situation. "I'll carry you. Let's go find a way out."

Despite protests from Kugisaki to leave her there, you pick her up and carry her back through the building. You set her down gently by the entrance and begin to look around for something to break down the door.

"Y/N," Kugisaki calls out weakly, "just leave me here. Help the boys and then come back. I'll be fine."

"Are you sure?" you say sadly, not wanting to leave her alone. When she nods you sigh and give in to what she wants. "Okay, stay here and don't move. I'll be back."

"Be careful!" Kugisaki musters enough energy to shout as you run away.

You run through the daycare, checking each room in an attempt to find the guys. When you reach the gym at the end of a hallway, the sound of laughter causes you to stop in your tracks. It was Sukuna's laugh. As per usual when your body recognizes that Sukuna's awake, it screams at you to turn around, get Kugisaki, and get the hell out of there.

However, despite all of the arguing in your head, you step forwards slowly through the pressure. When you enter the room, you find Megumi unconscious on the ground. As for Yuuji, he's on all fours coughing up blood and fighting down Sukuna from taking over.

"Yuuji!" you shout as you rush towards him.

He throws out his hand, signaling for you to stay away. "Get back!" he shouts.

"Don't let him out!"

"Y/N," he groans as his body shakes from the intense pressure he's under, "there's more than one special grade here. We can't do this alone..."

"Gojo's right outside. If we can get him then-"

"He won't be able to get in," Yuuji interrupts, "they did something to the doors. We can't get out so Gojo won't be able to get in either."

"Shit," you huff as your mind fills with questions, "what the hell is going on?"

"Sukuna..." he says breathlessly as he falls flat on his chest, "Sukuna will help. He said so..."

As you shout out the pink-haired boy's name you run up to him. You take his head in your hands and gently tap his cheek to bring him back to consciousness. However, as black lines form on his body you are pushed away from him.

Just then you hear footprints from a pair of shoes and the laugh of a familiar voice. "Wow," a man's voice says excitedly, "I can't believe how well this went to my plan!"

"You bastard! Stop hiding in the dark and come out here!"