Part Three

With a soft smile, Aurora accepted Katie's invitation. She slid her drenched moccasins off her feet, placing them on the boot tray by the door. As she brushed past Katie, that familiar smell of patchouli and vanilla filled her head. 

Katie gently closed and locked the door behind them. 

Aurora stood in the middle of her living room, unsure of what to do next. The last time she was in Katie's apartment, she had a purpose. This time she stood there like a lost puppy dog, waiting for its rightful owner. 

"Would you like something to drink?" Katie offered, making her way to the kitchen. She placed her rain-soaked sweater on the counter near the sink as Aurora followed, taking a seat at Katie's kitchen island.

"That would be nice, thanks." 

Katie turned around, placing a k-cup into her Keurig and turning it on. She placed a blue and gold floral mug on the tray. 

The apartment is silent for a while. The only noise is from the Keurig pouring hot chocolate into the mug. Aurora looked around the apartment, nervously avoided Katie's half-naked body still wrapped up in the black silk robe. 

Katie added a drop of milk and a few mini marshmallows to the mug of hot chocolate before she placed it in front of Aurora with a small cinnamon scone. Aurora thanked her with a prideful grin, taking the mug between her hands. As the heat from the mug began to warm Aurora's body, a shiver ran down her spine. 

"let me get you something to change into and I'll put your clothes in the dryer. You can't be comfortable in that." Katie offered, making her way to her bedroom before Aurora can protest. 

She sat there, trying hard to focus on the hot chocolate in her hands, rather than the awkwardness the situation brings. Katie returned quickly with a pair of fuzzy blue socks and a matching black sleep set. 

"I assume you remember where the bathroom is?" Katie asked, handing Aurora the change of clothes. 

With a hint of redness rising to her cheeks, Aurora nodded her head, yes, taking the clothes from Katie before excusing herself. 

Aurora changed and returned to the kitchen in a matter of minutes, handing Katie her soaked clothes; bra and panties included.

As Aurora approached her, she noticed Katie struggling to advert her gaze from Aurora's exposed legs and cleavage. The PJs Katie gave her were not ideal for a cold stormy night. They were black satin with lace trim. The shirt laid just above her belly button, the shorts hanging low, exposing a small line of skin that made Katie's knees weak. 

"Sorry for the choice of clothing. My apartment's so small I keep my winter clothes in storage. I don't pick them up until the end of October." Katie apologized as she took Aurora's wet clothes from her. 

Aurora didn't mind. Especially when the sight of her in Katie's clothes made Katie noticeably weak. She enjoyed the confidence booster. 

Katie dispersed down the hall, leaving Aurora alone. She took a bite of her scone and grabbed her cup of coffee, sitting down on the living room couch. She took another sip as she observed Katie's apartment. It is small, no doubt. But well decorated and not cluttered at all for being so small. Dozens and dozens of books line Katie's bookcases on either side of her TV. Numerous family photos are on display wherever she could find space. On the walls, bookcases, side tables, and even coffee tables. 

Footsteps made Aurora's head turn, watching as her professor emerges from the hallway. Katie joined her on the couch, keeping a respectable distance between them considering the not-so-professional situation they are in right now.