Epilogue - Literally Magic

Start from the beginning

Sitting in the ship's cabin now, you did, in fact wish that you were back in Bora Bora in a private cabana, sunning yourself by the pristine water. Loki had been resistant to the concept of sunscreen at first until he realized that you needed him to rub it all over your body, and vice versa. In fact Loki had ben resistant to a tropical honeymoon altogether until you told him that you weren't packing much more than a week's worth of bikinis, which would be largely optional once you arrived at your secluded suite.

So in light of that you had acquiesced to this unexpected trip, recognizing that while Earth had always been your realm, space had, up until recently, always been his.

And it hadn't been all bad. It had been quite lovely and fun when you weren't running for your lives or trying to have a serious conversation with the moron named Peter Quill. You had seen incredible things - alien architectures, unreal landscapes, sentient beings of all sorts, and had eaten cuisines with flavors you never knew existed. Of course it hadn't been all bad - it was space. It was excitement. It was adventure. The entire universe at your fingertips. And you had someone there to share it with - your husband by your side.

And of course there was more to do on the voyage than sightsee. There were stars through the window and stars in your eyes from Loki's carnal adorations. Intimacy was different in the space of your small, private cabin. The complex notion of up and down without a horizon to look at confused your senses and made for an exciting new twist on your private activities. Often the only thing you had to ground and orient you was Loki's body pulling you in close, pulling you onto him, over and over and over again.

Despite your environment being strange and new, the dynamic in your relationship felt more comfortable than ever. This is what you did, as a couple. You forged ahead into the unknown. All you ever needed was the promise of each other.

As the warning chimes subsided in the cabin, a new sound kicked in - the incessant chirp of an incoming message.

"It's the Benatar. They've sent coordinates," relief in Loki's voice.

"Oh thank god," you said, still gripping the soiled helmet, "Let's get Rocket back to his friends and call a close on this nightmare of a mission. I never want to hear the word 'Kree' mentioned ever again."

Loki made a few swift strokes on the craft's control pad, punching in the coordinates that the Guardians had sent. You hoped it wasn't some slimy hellhole of a planet - or a sleazy space brothel like you imagined that idiot Quill probably frequented.

"Come on. Let's get you freshened up," Loki tapped your shoulder urging you to follow him to find the latrine, "Thor, can keep an eye on things up here."

The brothers shared a nod, and you reluctantly got up, fighting the anxious, adrenaline-fueled feeling keeping you in place.

The cool water from the ship's tap and the fact that nary an alarm had rung in several minutes was putting you at ease. That and Loki's warm presence at your back.

"I pick our next adventure," you said, "It's going to be a lot more like Bora Bora. A lot less shooting. A lot less spinning."

"Mmm, yes, Vanaheim is generally lovely. Bucolic and misty in the mornings. Very pastoral," Loki lifted the hem of your shirt so that he could reach up and rub your back in slow, soft circles, his skin reassuring on your own.

"Sounds perfect," a final splash of water to your face before shutting the tap, and raising your eyes to meet the gaze of your husband in the mirror above the sink, "How long until we meet up with the Benatar?"

"Several hours," he pressed his lips close to your ear, "are you feeling up to killing some time? You were so hot piloting the ship." Loki slid his hand from your back, around to your front, caressing your curves.