Part 48. Retired.

Start from the beginning

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was a hot summer day and [Y/N] blinked at the sun, which was blinding her as she tried to make out the familiar figure. She was just beginning to see Bucky's outline when a shadow fell on her and she looked away in surprise. Wanda stood in front of her, an iced tea for [Y/N] in her right hand, which she handed her with a smile, a glass of water for herself in her left hand. She sat down next to [Y/N], her long red hair was tied up to a bun. An unknown but beautiful sight she wore every now and then because she needed something like a change. "Everything ok?" she asked with a hint of concern in her voice.

"Yes, of course" [Y/N] replied, still slightly lost in her thoughts but smiled at Wanda. Her gaze then wandered to her stomach, which had become so round that she could no longer see her feet. She wore a long white dress with flower pattern on it and she scrunched her nose. She never understood why maternity fashion always had to look so frumpy.

"And the little one?" Wanda asked when they followed her friend's gaze, watching the look of disgust in amusement.

"He's fine, too" [Y/N] answered smiling and looked at Wanda now. It was definitely easier to look at her friend than to look for her partner who was somewhere in the backlight. Since she was pregnant, she missed him even more whenever he wasn't around her. She felt simply incomplete without him. And on top of that, she was in love with the way Bucky admired her and their unborn son. She was in love with the way his hand lay on her baby belly, stroking it gently or when he put his face close to it so their child could hear him better. She loved just sitting on the couch with him, her feet on his lap whilst he read to them. If a perfect father existed, Bucky Barnes was the one.

Sam joined them, three beers in his hand that he was supposed to bring the guys but he sat down next to the ladies. "What's the matter, Sam?" [Y/N] asked as she saw the typical smirk on his lips.

"Just thought I'd join the ladies for some chit-chat while the men are working. How's life on the bright side?"

"How about I get that watermelon from the kitchen and tie it around your body and we'll see how much of a help you'd be."

"Fiercy" Sam laughed. "Glad to see you're still the same, Little Miss Earthquake."

"Thought we are past the nicknames, birdie" [Y/N] said with raised eyebrows and Wanda next to them chuckled.

"Good to see neither of you have changed" she answered smirking. "Really, Sam. Has no one taught you to be nice to pregnant women? They can be pretty moody."

"You have a name yet?" Sam asked to move on with their conversation, acting like he hadn't heard Wanda.

"Not yet. We're still searching for the right one."

"Well, how about Sam?" Sam joked and placed his hand on her belly.

"Oh hell no" [Y/N] complained and pushed his hand off her belly.

"Excuse me, ladies. We're looking for a man that was supposed to bring us some beer. You've seen him?" a new voice said and Bucky joined them, stepping out of the blinding sunshine. He was shirtless, sweat was on his chest and face from the hard work. [Y/N] smiled widely but squeaked when his sweaty face hit her skin when he kissed her. Buckly chuckled and put her lose strands of hair behind her ear. "What was my amazing girlfriend talking about?" he asked and sat down next to her and opened one of the beers that Sam hadn't brought.

"Just Wilson thinking we'd name our son after him."

"Absolutely not" Bucky said and looked at Sam with his eyebrow raised and [Y/N] chuckled.

"You know anything new about the serum? Will it infect your child?"

"Of course we know, Sam. Because there are so many parents that both have the super soldier serum in their veins" [Y/N] answered sarcastically. "He's going to be a healthy baby and that's all we care about."