Chapter 35 - the swinging rocks... OF DOOM!

Start from the beginning

“Wait! Eugene,” Varian interrupted, grabbing his arm to turn him back around, “There's a chance this may not work, but if there's a possibility-”

“What ya got goggles?”

“In that book of curses and stuff, there's a page all about good luck charms. If we find something- even if it looks slightly similar to one of the charms, it might just make Rapunzel start to believe in having good luck. Then voila! Normal Rapunzel. It might not have a complete chance of working, but I'm pretty sure it’s worth the chance.”

Eugene’s face lit up, “You're a genius kid! I'll get it all set up... You know, I think I have just the idea. You coming?”

Varian looked back at you who was sitting at the edge of the cliff, staring at the stars, “Give us five minutes.”

Oh, the stars… they always gave you a sense of calmness, just a slight feeling of home. A home miles away that you haven't quite reached. Made sense when you thought about it. You never had your real home when you were growing up, and when you got to Corona you found out you were the star crystal.

Then you felt like you were home.

The star was home.

But since you left Corona, nothing strange has really happened with your hair again, neither with the stupid little scar shaped like a star. But what's the strangest part is, the stars feel like there once more a home, far… far… away.

Maybe Corona was your home? But theres no chance you could go back! You broke Varian out of Jail, stole the dead sundrop and just in general messed things up entirely!

Hm, who knows, maybe Corona might not have ever been your home, maybe, it's somewhere else. Maybe bigger and better?

Eugene had left at that point a few minutes ago, Varian walked over to you, a smirk on his face. “What ya doing princess?”

“Looking at the stars, aren't they so beautiful? Don't you ever feel connected to them in a way?” You gazed, trying to find as many constellations as you could.

Varian stared at you lovingly, “I think I've found the most beautiful one yet.” He nudged you slightly, chuckling as he did so.

You burst out laughing, “Oh please, if I was a star I would be millions of miles away from you, wouldn't I? I don't think your arms could reach me from out there.”

“I would find a way.” Varian smirked, standing up, “And please yourself, really think I Varian, the great and powerful alchemist would really leave his highness AND his fabulous assistant in everything, to defend herself in space?”

“Varbear, I think it would be me defending you.” You smirked, getting up too.

“Well… I make the best ham sandwiches and cookies! Hah! Beat that! You couldn't last a week without them!” He pouted.

“Okay you win, weirdo!”

“Hey, I'm only a weirdo for you, Milady. And besides, what's wrong with being a weirdo? At least I'm me again, especially with you.” He grinned.

I’d rather be tall. I’d rather be smart. I’d rather be sure you know I care.” Varian sang, grabbing your hand and running down the hill, to catch back up with the others. “Wherever you go, Whatever you start, I’d rather be sure you know I'm there! I’d rather I always be a part of whatever you do. I’d rather be me, with you.” Varian stopped and booped your nose, blushing.