CHAPTER 5

It's friday afternoon, and classes finally come to end. I'm busy packing my things up when a certain girl showed up in front of me.

"Hey, do you have any plans after school?" it was my partner, Roseanne.

Saglit akong napatingin sakanya bago isinukbit ang bag ko tsaka umiling.

"Nothing. Uuwi then sleep." I asked.

"Great. Do you wanna grab ice cream with me? Libre ko." she said enthusiastically making me raised an eyebrow at her.

"No, thank you." boring na tugon ko at nagsimulang maglakad.

"Ihhh sige naaaa, wala ka namang gagawin eh tsaka it's just an ice cream. Come onn." pangungulit nito habang pilit na sinusundan ako.

"Ayoko nga." matigas na pagtanggi ko tsaka sinalpak ang airpods ko.

"Dali na kasii, Lisa naman ehh." pagmamaktol niya tsaka hinila hila ang braso ko na mabilis ko namang binawi. Since when did this girl became so brave on clinging on me?

Tumigil ako sa paglalakad at tinignan ang babae na kanina pa nangungulit sakin. The audacity to even pout at me, akala mo naman may magagawa yung pagpapa-cute niya. She doesn't even look cute, mukha siyang tanga.

"Bakit ba kasi ako yung pinipilit mong mag ice cream? Why don't you go ask somebody else? Don't you have friends?" inis na tanong ko and she gasped.

"Excuse me? I do have a lot of friends, ikaw ang wala." pabalang na sagot niya, aba't gago to ah.

"I have friends—"

"Friends? really? you only have two kaya!" she cut me off. "You don't have the right to use the word "friends" when you literally have Seulgi and Jisoo only." she teased me.

"It is still more than one so that makes it plural kaya I have every right to call them my "friends". I said emphasizing the last word na siya namang nagpatawa sakanya.

"Oo na. Ito naman napaka serious mo, I'm just teasing you."

"And who gave you the right to tease me? We're not even friends to begin with." pagsusungit ko sakanya.

"Wow ha? I'm offended. Are you still not considering me as one of your friends? We're literally together for most of the time kaya." pag-iinarte niya but I only shook my head at nagtuloy sa paglalakad.

"Nah uh, you've been following me around kaya it looks like we're always together." pagtatama ko sa statement niya.

"We're literally blockmates?"

"Yeah? and sa iisang subject lang naman tayo mag partner but you still keep on tailing me."

"Because you have no friends—"

"Kakasabi ko lang na meron?"

"Yeah well, except for Jisoo and Seulgi." she pointed out. "...you're literally on your own kasi they were from different section which makes you alone and lonely for most of the time kaya, thank me instead." she said and even winked at me.

"I am not feeling lonely—"

"Yes and that is thanks to me because I'm keeping you accompanied."

I looked at her disapprovingly kaya naman she mouthed me "what?"

"You're impossible." I muttered and just shook my head. Sakit talaga sa ulo 'tong babae na to.

"So basically, I'm literally your friend kaya let me follow you around nalang and wag ka ng magreklamo." pagpapatuloy nito tsaka pinag-link ang mga braso namin at nginitian ako ng malaki. Now she's literally clinging on me.