One Miracle

"I nominate Jade for the school klutz position, Sir Martin." The whole room was filled with laughter as the guy who certainly knows-it-all gave his disturbing and stupid joke to the instructor in front.

"That's very entertaining, Mister Francisco." said Sir Martin, a Latin middle-aged Theology teacher, while positioning his thick glasses using his pointing finger.

There are many things in life that I don't fully understand. One of these, of course, is why people treat me like crap. I've been the kind of guy who finds it very hard to express himself. I only have but few friends on hand and we rarely do things together because of the different school schedules we have. I usually think and review things like these whenever I stare plainly at the cloud-filled sky.

"Jade, would you care to share with us what you are thinking while dozing off in my class?" The class simply chuckled as Sir Martin caught my attention. Everyone seemed quiet and excited at the same time to see me getting humiliated in front of class.

"I'd rather not, Sir." I answered, feeling a bit of guilt inside. The class laughed.

"Then stand up and answer my question, Jade." He ordered. I followed afterwards. I stood up quietly not making my chair make a noise. I left a sigh as I turned my face to him. He was wearing his stern look like he usually does.

"Very well, Sir." I answered as I looked straight into my instructor's eyes.

"What comes in your mind when you hear the world 'Theology'?" All my classmates' eyes focused on me. It was a quite simple question that the girls in front of me are talking about how it will be easy for them if they were asked by that question.

"The first thing that comes into my mind is God, Sir. We all know and believe that God created all of us in equal eyes. I sometimes wonder, Sir, why people treat others differently than whom they can get benefit from. I can prove here on my statement that people really are greedy. Our sinful nature provokes us to do evil to others not worrying if they will feel bad. If I were to study this subject on my own, I will concentrate more on the evil side of man than the divinity of God."

"You may now take your seat." Sir Martin said while turning his back at me. The class was left speechless and stunned. That doesn't bother me at all. As Sir Martin faced us, he cleared his throat and gave the word that we can be dismissed.

I took my bag with me as I left the room last without anyone noticing. I left the school gates as I realized something. The weather looked unhappy and raindrops started falling on my head. I began thinking about God being a little unfair. Was he not satisfied with my answer?

Why did God put all the people who only care for themselves on top? There are the corrupt politicians, greedy million-earning businessmen, and not to mention, bright headed classmates with unclean souls. I despise them. I despise all of them. Why did He gave me a life like this? My mother was abused and eventually died when she was still abroad working as a maid. My father left me when I was four years old because of a whore. My life is miserable. My life is something no one would wish to have. Not a soul will plan on doing so.

I hurriedly ran under a fairly large tree to wait for the rain to stop. As I lean on the huge tree trunk, I decided to sit and to dry myself off. As I was wiping my head dry with the small towel I have, I started hearing dry coughs behind the tree I'm leaning on. I turned my head to see where the sound comes from.

"The weather's very gloomy today." said a girl wearing a pink jacket. It seems like she got there before me. I think we share the same age. Her cascade hair wraps her arms. Her skin is porcelain-like. Her eyes are somehow pale like rain. She's very different from the other girls I know. She doesn't look like studying in a school judging from the clothes she was wearing. I really don't have much clue on how to tell if a certain something or someone is beautiful… but all I know is that she has this aura that somehow brings a joyful melody in my heart. She gives off a soothing aroma that calms me.