Second.

Chapter 2

“A table for two?”

The aged waitress grabbed a couple menus and led us towards a secluded table near the back of the restaurant. She smiled at us with her yellowed teeth and smiled. “I picked a table with some privacy for you cuties.”

“Oh, we’re just friends,” I corrected her.

“Right, so what’ll you have to drink?”

“Uh, I’ll have a coke and an orange cream soda for her.” Cullen looked at me for confirmation, and I nodded.

“Gotcha,” The waitress winked at us before walking towards the kitchen.

I shuddered. “Ugh, what a creep, and she smelled like smoke. And she thought we were a couple!” I laughed.

“I don’t know… It doesn’t seem like that bad of an idea.” Cullen joked.

“Oh yeah, of course! The cutest couple ever,” I sighed sarcastically, with a hand on my heart.

Cullen raised an eyebrow. “Does the thought of being with me really suck that bad?”

Before I could answer, the waitress arrived at our table with the drinks. She took our orders and left with another grin.

“So, aren’t you going to ask about my audition?”

“Erm, yeah…” he replied distractedly.

 When he didn’t reply I waved my hand spastically in front of his face. “Cullen!”

“What? Oh! Umm, yeah. So how was it?”

“Thanks for listening, best friend. But since you asked, it went… fairly well, I suppose.” I said thoughtfully as I sipped my drink.

“Meaning…”

“I think I did pretty well, but there was one judge that bothered me.”

“You probably did great,” he said as he took my hand and gave it a reassuring squeeze.

*****

  3 months later….

“CULLEN! I GOT IN!”  I screeched excitedly as I ran towards him at full speed. He caught me in a hug just before we fell onto the grass. He propped up on one arm and looked down at me with an amused expression.

“Martin-Grey?”

“No, the sex offender’s club. YES, Martin-Grey! Where else?”

“So, when do you start?”

“August 14, that’s a month from now!” I smiled excitedly just thinking about it.

Cullen knitted his eyebrows. “Will you be very busy?”

 “Umm….I don’t know. Probably not a lot more than usual.”

Cullen’s face softened in relief. “We should head into work.”

As Cullen courteously opened the door for me, the delicious smell of grilled food hit me.

“Are you still going to be working here?” asked Cullen as he put on his apron.

“So many questions, Cullen. Will you really miss me that much?” I teased. “I haven’t thought of that yet. I’ll have to check my schedule when classes start.” He ran a hand through his golden brown hair and gave me a sheepish look.

During our four hour shift, I calmed down a little. Once I got into Cullen’s car though, I remembered again and smiled stupidly to myself.

 “Wow, I haven’t seen you so giggly since third grade.”

“I can’t help it. I’m so happy! Oh, I almost forgot. Next week I have an orientation. Want to come?”

“Why? So you can rub in my face that you’re more talented than I am?”

“Psh. No! I need a ride. Please? There’s going to be cute girls there,” I sang.

“Mmmm…fine. But I’m only going for the girls.” He said as we pulled into the parking lot of my apartment building.

“Finally! Time to spread the good news.” I jumped out of Cullen’s car without waiting for him and ran up the stairs to my floor. I fished my keys and unlocked the door. “Guess wha-“

 “CONGRATULATIONS!” My family of three exclaimed.

“Wait, what? You guys already know? How?”

 My father laughed, “Cullen called us while you guys were at work and told us to be ready to celebrate when you got home.”

“Hold on just a second, honey. I made your favorite! Spinach and mushroom lasagna with lots of Parmesan cheese. By the way, where IS Cullen?” I heard my mother call from the kitchen.

Just then, Cullen walked in. “No need to worry, Patterson family. I have arrived.” he said loudly before closing the door behind him.

“We don’t need you to announce your presence, Cullen.” I rolled my eyes at him.

My eleven year old brother’s head popped up from the couch. “Cullen! Want to play video games?”

Cullen shrugged, “Sure, why not?”

I watched as Cullen walked towards our living room, jumped over the back of the couch and plopped down next to Reid. I was always surprised at how tolerant he was towards my little brother, even when he was being really annoying.

After prattling to my dad about Martin-Grey, my mom then brought out a huge casserole dish of delicious looking lasagna. “Yes! Food!” I exclaimed. I quickly ushered everybody else to the table and once the plates were distributed, I dug in. The first bite was like heaven.

******

Authors’ Notes

HOLA GUYS.

Okay, sorry, but I AM SO FREAKING HYPER RIGHT NOW. Like, you don’t even understand. You know what I really want? A vote. Or like, a comment or something. Yeah, that would be nice. But even if we didn’t get one that’s okay, I don’t really like this chapter much anyway. HAH! OHSNAP GUESS WHAT?!

I AM GOING TO A FREAKING ALL. TIME. LOW. CONERT.  UGGHHH WHAT IS AIR?! I’m going to stop now, before I DIE.

-Emmms

So, every day since we posted the 1st chapter, I have been very anxious to see if we had any comments, but every time I check I get disappointed. So please COMMENT!!! It would really make my day. The next chapters are going to get intense! I can’t wait to write it!

-Jackie