I anxiously patted the bed around me, desperately searching for my phone. I checked the time, 3:43. My heart still raced from the nightmares and tears slowly escaped from my eyes as I tried to take deep breaths in order to calm myself down. I texted Robert.

Me: hey, any chance you're up? I can't sleep.

I set my phone on my chest, staring at the ceiling and trying to calm myself down. To my surprise, my phone vibrated. 

Robert: yeah I'm awake. what's wrong? is your leg bothering you? do I need to come over?

Me: I keep having nightmares...

Robert: oh that's no good! do you want to talk about it?

Me: it was about the shark attack..

We texted back and forth for a little bit until I finally told him to go to sleep since I knew he would have to go to the zoo in the morning, but he promised he'd come by on his lunch break. I didn't tell him I still didn't feel like seeing anyone. I finally fell back asleep and stayed asleep.

"Hey sweetie, you hungry at all?" My mum said, waking me up. 

"No mum but thank you," I replied, rolling over. 

"Okay, well I'm off to the zoo. Please eat something and remember to take your antibiotics," She said before walking out of my room and leaving the door open like she did when I was here alone. 

My cat, Tiger, came and jumped on my bed, snuggling up by my face. He purred in my ear as I scratched his chin. I put on some more sappy movies and laid in bed. 

I had fallen back to sleep and woke up to my phone ringing. It was Robert calling me, probably telling me he was going to be here soon to see me during his lunch break. I muted the ringer and turned my attention back to the TV. 

Suddenly, Robert appeared in my doorway. 

"Oh, you are okay. I was starting to get worried," he said, coming over and sitting in my desk chair. 

"Sorry, I just haven't felt like talking to anyone really," I said, pausing the movie. 

"Well, that's understandable. I brought some sandwiches, so eat up and take your antibiotics," he instructed, handing me a sandwich and the bottle of antibiotics on my nightstand. I did as he said, as I knew that he wouldn't give up and that he was just looking out for me and trying to get me to feel better. 

After we ate, he sat next to me on my bed and we watched About Time together. I rested my head on his shoulder as we watched the movie. Soon enough it was time for him to leave and I was alone again. Even though I didn't feel like seeing anyone, it was nice to have Robert's company, even if it was just for a little bit. Robert seemed to understand, and even if he didn't he respected that I didn't want to talk or deal with anyone. He didn't push me to open up and sat there and just was with me. 

I stayed in bed for the next few days, only getting up to pee or make food occasionally, which I didn't need to do much of as Robert brought me lunch, and helped me change the gauze on my leg, and mum brought me dinner. I was never much of a breakfast type of person. Both Robert and mum helped me with taking care of the guinea pigs, and Robert would bring them to me after we finished eating our lunch so I could still have cuddle time with them. 

The doctor said I could start doing some light walking and helping out at the zoo again after 2 or 3 days, but I had no motivation to. I know the animals needed me just as much as they needed  Bindi and Terri and Robert, but I couldn't bring myself to get out of bed and deal with people. Robert was the only exception. And when he wasn't here, he was texting me updates about how the animals were doing at the zoo and how his croc shows were going, which I appreciated.