This, despite the insanely cold temperature that morning. “You’re hands are cold. Where are the gloves I made you?”

“Crap! Forgot them at home. I was rushing.” Lisa  admitted, looking worried. “And yours?”

“In my pack. I took them off when I had breakfast. I forgot to put them back on.” Chaeyoung  replied with a chuckle. “Although, I do suppose this has become a bad habit between us.”

“Yeah, I suppose.” Lisa  replied with a chuckle.

But cold hands aside, Chaeyoung  was happy about the sunshine breaking through the clouds, reaching them.

Like a tiny spark illuminating the dark.

“So, you busy tonight?” Chaeyoung  found herself asking as they were nearing their school.

Lisa  hummed in response, looking thoughtful for a brief moment. “Believe it or not, I was planning to watch the away game for the ice hockey team.”

“You’re going to cheer on Suho for me?” Chaeyoung  asked with a scoff, curious as to why Lisa  would go to such thing. She never showed any interest in sports before.

“No, just wanted to see what it was about.” Lisa  replied, looking away. “’Sides, Suho’s still suspended from the team.”

“How do you know more about him than me? Granted, ex-boyfriend and all, emphasis on the ex.” Chaeyoung  then mumbled in response.

“Can we not talk about him… err… you know?” Lisa  awkwardly replied. “And Sehun, he sometimes runs into him when he hangs out with Baekhyun. We did talk a bit for a while back too.”

Chaeyoung  simply nodded and noted Lisa ’s reaction for future purposes.

Although it did make her feel something to know that she at least seemed jealous of Suho whenever Chaeyoung  would bring up their past relationship.

“Well then, okay. But after?” Chaeyoung  then asked. “I mean, I have to help out my grandmother with a few things anyways. But after, can I swing by at your place? We only have until the end of this school year guaranteed before I apply to Seoul and all.”

“Yeah, yeah, I’d love that.” Lisa  quickly replied with a huge smile.

And Chaeyoung  found that it was a good morning indeed.

Lisa  kept an eye out for Momo over the rest of the day whenever she could, her friends too, but mostly she just focused on spending some time with Chaeyoung  now that she was back.

Life is short and all, she’s learned that over and over again. And sometimes, the missed moments could carry the most weight.

Lunch was spent at the library, with Chaeyoung  catching up on missed work and Lisa  just smiling like an idiot staring at her. She got constant updates from Sana and Dahyun who was on Momo-watch duty for most part of the day.

Mostly because  they were supposed to join her at the game later but Sana’s sister asked a favor for some random errand and Lisa  didn’t want to take any chances that she might still be targeted.

Which was also why she made Chaeyoung  promise that her grandmother drop her off when she visits later. She can always walk her home and resume their usual routine.

“Lis , we’re staying at the inn downtown. She doesn’t want to step foot in the house right now and I kind of don’t want to at the moment either. That’s gonna be a long walk home.” Chaeyoung  had argued earlier.

“Then I’ll ask my dad to drop us off. Or you could just stay over if it gets too late.” Lisa  had said with a sly smile.

“Right, and I wonder why?” Chaeyoung  had then teased.