She walked along with the few groups of students headed to their school, passing by some from the private academy nearby as well. Since the direction she was taking now wasn’t her usually way, Chaeyoung  couldn’t help but think how a change in perspective paint you a different picture of a town you already knew. The walk to school had always been so somber around their neighborhood but it was a bit busier downtown, more cheerful.

Or perhaps it was because  for the first time in close to a year she was starting to feel like her old self again.

Lighter, happier.

Like the darkness had been lifted and the cold of winter was all that was reminding Chaeyoung  that it was neither spring nor summer just yet.

“I’m telling you Manoban , I can walk on my own.” She then heard someone say a few steps ahead of her. Her ears automatically tuned in to her as soon as she heard the familiar last name.

“And I’m telling you that I’m just doing what Jennie asked. I owed her one, she usually walks with you to school now that you’re all buddy-buddy, and I’m her replacement just for this morning cause she’s running late.” She then heard the short brunette, who was undoubtedly Lisa  by the sound of it if the combat boots were anything to go by, walking next to her.

“Yes, well this started as your inane idea.” The beauty serious had argued.

Lisa  was about to give her retort when she spotted Chaeyoung . A smile began to dawn upon her features as Chaeyoung  picked up her pace and join them. “You’re back.” Lisa  said breathlessly.

“Yeah, yeah I’m back.” Chaeyoung  replied, eying the blonde with her curiously what with her uniform telling Chaeyoung  that she’s from the private academy.

“Oh right, this is Kim Jisoo, our new friend.” Lisa  then said dryly. “Jisoo , this is Chaeyoung .”

“Hi.” Chaeyoung  cheerily replied.

“Good morning.” Was Jisoo ’s reply.

The three of them stood awkwardly for a while before Lisa  explained to Chaeyoung  what she had overheard earlier. That she’s walking her to school as a favor for Jennie.

And once Jisoo was at the private academy, Lisa  proceeded to explain how they’ve been trying to make friends with people their age, especially girls, who spend most their time alone. She might have added that walking Jisoo was a favor to Jennie a few good times over to emphasize the point that it was, and will forever be, their thing. This one time was just a favor she needed to repay. Because  yes, Lisa  was most definitely still worried about what they found in the bus.

That and she was most definitely still feeling guilty about putting Chaeyoung  in danger because  of it.

Chaeyoung  smiled. She’s always wondered what kind of person Lisa  Manoban  was behind her walls and seemingly impenetrable defenses.

Turned out that Beauty Badass was sweet and kind and emphatic.

That she worried about other people, wise beyond their age.

And that she was the type of person who won’t stop until the people she loved were a hundred percent safe.

“But anyways, I missed you Chae.” Lisa  then said, reaching out to grab Chaeyoung ’s hand in her own, interlacing their fingers together.

“I’ve miss you too.” Chaeyoung  admitted, as she held Lisa ’s hand tightly in hers, giving it a bit of a squeeze to add emphasis to what she said. She took her eyes from Lisa  for a second, looking on ahead to the bright and sunny day ahead of them.