Chapter Two

I sat straight up, trying not to stare. At my moment, the man's eyes flew open. We made eye contact for a brief moment before I blushed, grabbed a blanket, and threw it at him. It handed on his face. He fumbled with it for a moment before spreading it over his body and shooting me a glare.

"Nice throw."

"You're naked."

"That's how it works," he said, groaning as he sat up. The blanket slipped off his chest and down to his lap. He had red marks across his chest, wounds that were already closing. I knew my magic wasn't that good. His werewolf blood was kicking in, healing him faster than any human would.

"Who are you?" was my next question.

"Don't worry about it," he said. He slowly climbed to his feet and wrapped the blanket around his waist. He looked down at where I was sitting and I noticed those brown eyes again. Were they the same ones from my scrying vision? There was no was to be sure, but so far, the wolf part at least had come true. I still wasn't sure about the lightening.

"You were hurt pretty bad," I told him, standing up as well. He stepped around the coffee table and looked down at the tea I had left him. He pointed at it.

"Is that for me?"

"Yeah, it's bloodstone infused. For any internal issues with your blood."

"Isn't that an aphrodisiac?" he asked as he picked up the cup.

"What? No, that's not real."

He shrugged and downed the cup, leaving the stone at the bottom. He was taller than me, which wasn't hard to be, but I figured he had to be around six foot tall. His brown eyes were matched by brown hair that was sticking up at odd angles from the rain and lying on the floor. He had scratches on his face, too, matching the one's on the wolf's snout. They, too, were quickly healing.

"Thank you for your help," he said, setting the cup back down on the table.

"I didn't know what else to do," I said honestly. "What are you doing here? Who are you? Are you part of the pack?" I had so many questions, I didn't know where to start.

"You don't need to know any of that," he said. "Just by being here, I'm putting you in danger. I should go." He tightened the blanket around him and turned as if to go.

"In my blanket?" I demanded. "It's sleeting out, you can't go running around outside naked."

"I don't think I can fit into your clothes," he said, eyeing me.

"Just hang out."

I hurried back to my bedroom and into the closet, where I dug into a garbage bag in the back. I found a button up flannel and a pair of jeans, along with some worn out, Margaritaville flip flops. I took them back to the living room and handed them to my mystery guest.

"See if these fit," I told him. He unfolded the shirt and held it up.

"This isn't yours."

"It's my ex's. He left them here and I hadn't had a chance to take them to Goodwill yet."

"Lucky me. Would you mind...?"

I turned around and heard rustling of fabric behind me. I didn't like having him behind me. I felt suddenly exposed and vulnerable. I may not have the senses of a wolf, but I know when someone means trouble. And this man had danger radiating off of him like a cologne.

"Thanks," he said. I turned to face him and frowned. He looked a little like my ex, wearing his clothes. Except my ex had been tall and blond instead of tall and dark. That had to count for something.