Chapter 65. Marauders in a Pub ☾

Start from the beginning

"Now, Spots, this is our first time out hunting together. I think it only right that us more experienced Marauders show you how it's done."

Severus sighed. "Why do I get the feeling one of us is going to get a drink thrown in their face?" He then turned to Sirius. "I know how to pick up women, Black."

"Really? If you're so experienced, why were you friendzoned for so long?" Sirius countered. Severus gulped down his Bruichladdich X4 Quadrupled Whiskey and ordered another.

"That is a completely different situation. That was a friendship built over years. This is picking out a woman, talking to her for five minutes, and trying to sneak her into a room for the night."

Remus looked surprised. "So, you've actually done this before?"

Severus shrugged. "I've done the first two steps many times. I just never saw the purpose of a one-night stand."

"Aw, Sevvie wants to be in love." Sirius teased.

Severus glared at him.

"There's nothing wrong with being in love, Sirius." Remus defended.

Sirius snorted. "Which is why you're here with us on a Friday night rather than out with a pretty little number I picked out for you myself."

"You mean your little cousin, who I used to help you babysit?" Remus asked.

Severus rolled his eyes. "If you two would stop fighting like an old married couple…"

Sirius and Remus turned to Severus. He got up from his seat and walked to the nearest table. He quickly snagged a napkin, dropped it in front of a girl, turned the other direction, and picked it up.

"I'm sorry, but did you happen to drop this?" Severus asked. The girl in question had long black hair tied in a braid with bright blue eyes that could reflect the moonlight. She was pale but had a smattering of freckles on nose.

The girl looked over and giggled. "I-I don't know, maybe. I tend to be pretty clumsy." She grabbed the napkin.

"I highly doubt that." He smirked. She giggled again. "I'm sorry, but I'm afraid I didn't catch your name."

"I do believe I didn't give it," she replied smartly. "It's Alex, by the way."

"Alex? From Alexandra?" She nodded. "A beautiful name for a beautiful woman."

She smirked. "I don't believe I caught yours."

"I don't give it that often, I'll admit," Severus said, "but for you, I'd make an exception. The name is Severus."

There was silence for a moment, and he thought he might have lost her.

"Severus? As in, Severus Snape?" Alex gasped.

Severus' eyes widened. "You, you've heard of me?" Severus stumbled, trying to recollect any of his possible students who looked like the girl in front of him.

Alex scanned the room. "Do you mind if we talk privately? I have a room upstairs."

Severus quirked an eyebrow. "But of course." He smirked.

As he was walking away, he looked back at Remus and Sirius, whose jaws were about to dislocate themselves, their eyes bugged out. It had been five minutes, and the first girl he walked up to, and he was walking out with her.

Once they were in a room to themselves, Severus turned back to Alex.

"So, how do you know me?" Severus asked.