Chapter 65. Marauders in a Pub ☾

Start from the beginning

Sirius laughed and let go of Remus.

Sirius huffed. "Hey, Dora wasn't in diapers."

"Sirius, stop trying to set me up with your twenty-three year old cousin."

Sirius laughed and pointed. "Ha, you admit it."

"I didn't admit to anything," he said, laughing, "other than the fact you want me to be related to you."

"Somehow, I ended up babysitting five teenagers rather than three." Severus mumbled, rubbing his hands over his eyes.

"Moony, we're going to a pub."

"So, do you need me to watch the Golden Trio and Luna?" Remus asked as Hermione walked in.

"No, you're coming with."

Hermione dropped the cloth she was using to dust. "You're leaving us alone? Do you realize what a bad idea that is? The last time we were left alone we spent nine months carrying around a horcrux." She paused. "Wait, that's a lie. Last time, a girl died."

"What were you doing with a horcrux? And how do you know what a horcrux is?" Remus asked, brow furrowed.

Severus sighed. "Now's not the time, Remus. Sirius, I must admit I am concerned leaving four teenagers alone in this house without adult supervision."

Draco came in upon hearing this. "Well, technically, only one teenager. The rest are all adults."

"Wait, what?" Remus screeched.

Sirius sighed. "Now's not the time, Moony."

Right then, Harry walked in.

"Hey, what going on?" He asked.

Hermione huffed. "Sirius wants to leave the four of us alone while he takes Severus out to a pub and expects us to be okay with it."

"I definitely will not be okay with it." Harry turned to Sirius. "Why can't we come with?"

"None of you are of age," Sirius said.

Remus' brow furrowed. "Well, technically, in England—"

"Because we want one night away from four hormonal teenagers. That was the point!" Severus argued.

Draco butted in. "Again, only one teenager. Geesh, Uncle Sev, do you need to go back to primary school to learn to count?"

Severus glared.

"What in the world is going on?" Remus asked.

"Not now, Remus," they all chorused together.

Remus was taken aback. "Fine. I'll just get ready to go out, apparently." Remus huffed, walking over to the floo.

After Remus had left, Sirius turned to Severus.

"Well, now I feel bad."

Severus rolled his eyes. "Sure, now you have the ability to feel guilt. Where was that when I was getting mauled by a werewolf?"

Sirius glared. "He never mauled you."

"Close enough."

That night found three men walking down the street and into a small local pub. The tallest wore a shabby, slightly patched coat with a threadbare sweater and jeans. The second tallest wore all black, from the black leather jacket to his black suede shoes. The shortest wore his brand new red leather jacket, with black leather pants and a black cotton shirt.

"I cannot believe I let you talk me into this." Severus mumbled as they entered and sat down.

"Join the club," Remus said as they ordered drinks.