𝐆/𝐧 - 𝐊𝐢𝐭𝐚 𝐒𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐮𝐤𝐞 - "𝐉𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐓𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠"

The sunlight shined across the rice field, illuminating the world with a golden glow as the breeze softly blew strands of hair from your face. You tip-toed along the edge of the field making sure not to damage the crops, and sighed as you dropped to your knees and dipped your fingers in the water. (Look up a photo of a 'pretty rice field' you'll know what I mean) It was just the right temperature. 

    You stuck your feet in the water and swished them back and forth, humming to yourself as you watched a delicate blue dragonfly dance across the surface of the field. You heard the soft tramping of boots and peered over your shoulder to see Shinsuke working very hard to balance on the piece of land you were  sitting on with a box of popsicles in his hands. You giggled as he sat down next to you, sliding off his boots and dipping his feet in the water with you.

 "What flavor did you get me?"

 Shin pulled a popsicle from the box.

 "Cherry."

  You plucked the frozen treat from his hand pretending to be surprised. 

"Shin! How'd you know?" 

He cocked his head at you like a confused puppy dog. 

"Know what?" 

 "How'd you know cherry was my favorite flavor?"

 You swirled your feet around in the water a little bit, sticking the frozen treat an your mouth.

 "I overheard you telling granny how much you loved cherry popsicles the other day...?

You locked eyes with him for a split second before you burst out laughing.

"What did I do??"

You gave him a lazy smile as you shifted you other hand to sit on top of his. 

"Nothing baby, I'm just teasing." 

Shin frowned and stuck his popsicle in his mouth, intertwining his fingers with yours. You watched as he looked up at the sky, his eyes fluttering from cloud to cloud. You sighed and leaned in, resting your head on his shoulder as the summer breeze blew flush against your faces.  A fly landed on your popsicle and you let out a small scream, dropping it straight into the water. It didn't scare you... just startled you. You whipped your head around to see Shinsuke laughing at you with the most beautiful smile in the world. Your face heated up and you instantly turned trying to hide your blush from him. 

"What's wrong honey?" He cooed.

"N-nothing." You lied  as you died of embarrassment. It was literally just a fly. You didn't have to freak out like that. 

"Oh yeah? Did I fluster my little baby? The little baby who's afraid of flies?"

Your eyes widened at his uncharacteristically teasing tone. Your face heated up further as your eyes met his again.

"Sh-Shinsuke! Wha-? I-"

Shinsuke broke out laughing with that beautiful smile and your heart started melting with your popsicle. He winked.

"Just teasing."

"Shin! How dare you!" You scoffed as you fanned your face with your hands.

"Will you hand me another popsicle..?" You mumbled as you stretched your hand out to him. 

"That depends, have you learned your lesson?"

"Ugh, yes. I won't tease you again." You meant it to come out as haughty and annoyed but it came out as a squeak.

Shinsuke grinned and handed you another cherry popsicle.

"It's okay, I forgive you."

You sighed and replaced your head on his shoulder.  What a tease.