"You stalked me tonight?" She smiled.

"Nah, I was at home. Cooking for Bella."

"Bella?" August and Sneak asked.

"My daughter."

"Oh." They nodded.

"You ready?" I asked.

"Yes sir I am. You two be good." She took my arm and I led her to my car.

While I opened the door for her, I managed to say, "You look very beautiful tonight and I'm very glad to have you as my date."

She smiled and waited for me to get on the other side.

"You look nice too Devon. Honestly, I'm glad you asked me out." She made me blush, but I had to hide that.

Starting the car, we were on our way to Nubia's, the formal restaurant.

"How you doing my brother and sister? Welcome to Nubia's. Table for two?" The host asked.

"Yes please. Thank you." I answered.

"Follow me." He said.

We followed him into a dim lit room where there were pictures of people of different cultures everywhere. I was enjoying the vibe. Nina Simone's Feeling Good was playing in the background. And that's how I was feeling; good.

"Nice place." Carter smiled.

"Thank you. This place reminds me of you, in all honesty." I said.

"Really? How so?"

"You remind me of a Nubian princess." I said quietly, hoping I didn't embarrass myself.

"That is literally the sweetest thing someone has ever said to me." She grabbed my hand. "Thank you."

"Anytime love. You deserve to be showered with compliments."

"Where have you been all my life?" She smiled.

"No, the question is where have you been all my life?"

"Hi, my name is Karen, I'll be your server for tonight. Can I start you all off with some drinks?" The waitress, Karen smiled.

"I'll take Red Wine please." Carter replied.

"Ooo, the same for me as well please." I stated.

"Your drinks will be here shortly, have you all decided what you all would like to order?"

"Not yet, thank you anyway." Carter said, looking over the menu.

"No problem." She walked away.

"So I'm thinking about getting the Chicken Parmesan." I looked at her.

I noticed how her forehead creased when she was undecided. And when she touched her lip with her index finger, still trying to figure something out. Or, let's talk about how she licked her lips before she made a statement. Then, her eyes tend to look like they are closing when she's smiling or laughing.

Is it wrong for me to be noticing these little things?

"I think I'm going with a steak and potato." She finally looked up at me.

Her eyes glisten when she talked about the smallest things. Hell, her eyes glisten all the fucking time. Who am I kidding?

August

"Why he got so much acne on his face?" I asked, upset that Carter actually went through with this date.

"Aug you being petty." Sneak shook his head, smiling and typing on his phone.